Over the weekend we stayed at a hotel on the Beach in Lincoln City. Sitting on a sunny beach in beautiful 75 degree weather watching kites fly...what a great way to spend a weekend. Our patio opened up to the beach.
This week, is already half over, but it will be for recuperating. Andrew had to take the day off on Monday because he got a little bit sick. He was running a slight fever and felt nauseated. Not sure if he just wore himself out with all the excitement, or if he got a little bit of food poisoning, or got a little virus. He slept most of the day and felt 100% by Tuesday. Yesterday Henry and I went and picked blueberries and cherries. YUM!
Henry actually was "picking" some of the berries off the bushes and eating them. He was a big fan. Unfortunately, I think he got a lot of green ones, but he was content. I have some pictures on my phone, but I don't have the converter to the computer so I will have to post the pictures when I get home in mid-July.
In other Henry news, he took his first steps yesterday. He walked 3-4 steps over to Andrew. We were both excited. I know that this is really the beginning of the end, but it is so neat to see how fast he is developing. He is also signing More, although I am not 100% sure he knows what it means. We have also started "potty training". He is young, but with signing you can have them trained before they are 2. So, right now we are just putting him on the potty when he wakes up and if he crawls into the bathroom. So far we have saved about 10 diapers...which doesn't seem like a whole lot, but it is a start.
The rest of the week here is going to be HOT, HOT, HOT! They are predicting 95 degrees tomorrow. I still decided not to get an AC unit because next week it is going to be in the low 70's again. Plus, it is still going to cool off to 60 or below at night. I am trying to think of ideas to keep Henry an I cool during the hot part of the next few days. I am going to go check out the libraries and possibly Barnes and Noble. Also, I was thinking I am going to try to find an indoor mall. Most of the Malls in this area are the outdoor malls. Maybe going to the beach...maybe going to the Children's Musuem...maybe just filling up the tub with cool water and having a party in the bathroom...so many choices!
No comments:
Post a Comment