
Henry and I attended an Easter Egg Hunt today with a bunch of our friends. We met at a local park and had the kids search for eggs in the baseball field. Henry had a lot of fun. It is amazing at how he now knows #1 to find the eggs and #2 to open them to get the goodies inside. He found an egg that was his favorite. It was an egg shaped like Elmo with bunny ears.
Well, this week went by quick again. The weather has been really nice,

but it is starting to get hot. We had a day that was about 85. I decided to get out the little splash pad for Henry and all he really wanted to do was drink the water. We have also been attempting to teach Henry how to blow bubbles. He seems to struggle with the concept of blowing. He will blow if you say something is hot, but he won't blow bubbles in the pool/bath tub and he puts the bubble wand in his mouth then blows when you give him bubble solution. Oh well, I guess at 20 months he can't be an expert at everything.

He has also become very accustom to eating the snow peas right off the vine. He likes to go pick a couple every day and eat them. I am not sure what he is going to do, now that the weather is getting hot and the peas are going to stop growing.
We had gym class and swimming like usual this week. We also attended a playgroup at the rec center where they had a bounce house, and a whole bunch of different trikes for the kids to ride around on.

Henry attempted to go into the bounce house and he got bonked in the face by a bigger kid. Then a different bigger kid pushed him of a trike. So after a few events of bodily injury, he was done. I think we will wait a few months before going back. He needs to be a little bigger to play there. We also had or wee play class this week. Unfortunately, it was at the same rec center and there is a kid there who picks on everyone (not just Henry). So the mom just says "No don't do that" and then sends him on his way. I figure he will never learn not to take things, push, hit, throw balls at people, etc...until the mom start to explain why he should not do "that".

But, I guess I am weird in the sense that I try to talk to Henry like a person, not a baby. So, after Henry got hit in the face with a toy he was done there too. I think these experiences this week made Henry very tentative to play with the other kids at the egg hunt. He wanted me to play with him the whole time and when I would say "Why don't you sit and play with (insert child's name here)". He would reply "No, Mommy play". But he would play in the same area as the other kids. So...I am hoping that it is just still the phase of "parallel play" where he watches the other kids and learns from them and just wants me to be his safety net. I guess it is good that he likes to play with me, since I am his full time playmate :-)














No comments:
Post a Comment