Monday, March 7, 2011

Things back to normal...

Well, it took about 1 week for things to get back to normal after our super visit with the aunties. Henry is no longer asking for them and is saying "Brarbra and Bonnie back in Syracuse". (Yes, Brarbra is how Henry pronounces Barbara...he can say bar and bra, but cannot say it together, go figure). Last week was more of an adjustment for me to be with both kids most of the day again. Yeesh...who would have thought I would have felt like I was on vacation while they were here.

Anyway, Monday we hosted a playdate here. Lots of fun, but lots of work. Luckily I have the best mommies group and everyone brought a snack to help out since I have a little one :-). Tuesday, Henry was off to preschool and he had a melt down. He didn't want to go, but once he got there...he did fine. Plus he had no accidents (YEAH) so hopefully we will be doing good on the potty at school. Wednesday we had swimming and went to the park. Henry played with his friend Chloe. They did the tire swing and Henry somehow managed to climb up the spiderweb climber. Little Monkey...almost gave me a heart attack, but he has great body awareness and was able to figure out how to get up and down without hurting himself or falling. Thursday, preschool again. Another melt down...this one was worse and continued at school. Was okay after a couple of minutes, but we don't know where it is coming from. I am hoping that tomorrow will be better. Plus another day with NO accidents (HAPPY DANCE!) Friday, I went to my support group with Jillian and she weighed 13 pounds 3 oz. So only a 4 oz gain for the week. Still not too shabby for a 11 week old. Saturday we had soccer, playdate and picnic at the park. And Sunday Andrew took Henry to get fitted for his Tux being the ring bearer at the wedding we are attending in April. Can't wait to see Henry being all dapper :-)

Just a paragraph about Jillian, since I feel as though I have been ignoring her updates in the blog posts. This I think is because all the posts were mostly about Henry and what he was doing...and they still are...since she is really not doing too much. She has rolled over 4 times from stomach to back. She is sleeping like a champ (6-8 hours a night! WOO HOO) She also has finished her 2 month vaccines. It appears she is going to have issues with dairy as well, so I am off the stuff since it seems to effect her a little. I just remember how hard it would have been for me to do with Henry was a baby and how easy it is now, by comparison. We don't eat nearly as much dairy to begin with, since Henry can't eat any. See, there I go again, sneaking Henry into Jillian's mere paragraph...sigh. She is also really starting to smile all the time. She seems to be a happy baby, but when she gets mad, boy do you know it!

Well, I would love to post more...and for it to be more coherent, but I am trying to get all my stuff done while both kids are asleep (which is rare in itself AND only lasts for a short time). More soon!





No comments: