Friday, June 22, 2012

Vacation Prep

Jillian on the octopus-go-round at babies in motion
This week went by in a flash.  I think I have been to Target or Kohl's (or both) every day this week.  We have been trying to get all the clothing needed for our trip to Alaska, and I keep thinking of new things that we need to pack.  The weather is supposed to be cloudy and around 60...so I am thinking we will need mostly winter clothes.  Crazy to think that it is half the temperature there as it is here (the weather today was 53 in Juneau and 105 in Phoenix). I am sure that this weekend will be full of trying to get all the stuff into suitcases.

Jillian has had two weeks now full of classes.  She had her first speech therapy lesson and it went as well as expected.  She didn't say much, but I did get some stuff to work with her while on vacation.  Plus, we had babies in motion, Musicology, and Wee Play.  So she is getting exposed to all the other kids, and hopefully that will help with her speech as well.

Henry's new bubble gun
Henry has been doing really well at school.  Unfortunately, his favorite teachers assistant left the school for a management position somewhere else.  Very sad, but I think that he will adjust just fine.  He still does not do that much in the way of crafts, but at least I am getting some pieces of artwork to hang on the fridge.  

 We have also been busy having playdates, but even if the kids are at a splash pad it is too hot for me to sit in the shade.  I think this summer is going to be brutal...but they always are.

At the splashpad playground
Sitting with Mommy



Silly happy kids

1 comment:

Nepsi said...

While I was putting together Vi's photobook I came across a folder with your wedding pictures in it. Now that was HOT. We are having another summer like that here. Have fun in Alaska. I remember it being chilly some places and warm others depending on the day and location.