Friday, November 29, 2013

Winter wonderland, Thankgiving Feast, and Andrew's BACK!

Henry getting ready to sing.
Henry's school had a 'Winter wonderland' last weekend. It turned out to be a 'Rainy and cold' wonderland as it rained all Night Thursday and all day Friday. This of course meant that the 12 tons of snow that the school ordered did not show up! Which was really unfortunate because they still had a ton of people who were expecting to be able to play in the snow/slush in the misting rain.  Henry's Kindergarten class performed 'Oh I just can't wait to be king'  It was cute!  The food was good too.  The had it catered from a BBQ place.  Henry also got to decorate Gingerbread men and I won a Raffle Basket.  Granted, I didn't remember entering to win that basket, but I still won something!   And even better than that Andrew drove home this weekend and he is DONE being in Oregon.  It is so exciting.

Then on Tuesday this week Henry's school had a 'Thanksgiving feast', where all the kids sang a few thanksgiving songs (to see video click here:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESbb9xVY_Pg) which were super cute!  And then they got to have a snack.   We have LOTS more holiday happenings in the coming weeks.  Andrew is home and my brother is visiting...Thanksgiving was technically Thursday but we had our dinner Wednesday so my brother could have leftovers on Thursday.  Which worked out well for me because I didn't need to do anything on Thanksgiving but be lazy!  Which is something that I needed.  Henry and Jillian both have enjoyed the few days off of school and loved having daddy home.  Jillian was a little confused as to why Andrew was staying here.  The conversation went like this:

Jillian:  'Daddy to back to Oregon?'
Andrew:  'Nope, Daddy does not have to go to Oregon any more.'
Jillian:  'Why no go to Oregon?'
Andrew:  'Well, Daddy lives here."
Jillian: ' YOU DO?' (with proper inflection of not believing it!)

It is hilarious and kind of breaks my heart at the same time.  But if you think about it for probably half of the life the Jillian actually remembers Andrew has been in Oregon.  But he is back now and I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of having a two parent household again!
Decorating Gingerbread with friend Hayden

Yummy Gingerbread

All done!

Thanksgiving feast.  Ready to sing

Thankgiving feast food! 
Dad is HOME!!

No comments: