Monday, September 14, 2015

Dance Vs. Gymnastics

Well, Jillian has been doing dance now for almost 3 years. We have always done twice a week and a combo class (meaning two or more styles in one class) because she seems to like dance, but not love it. This past week, she informed me that she no longer wanted to do dance and that she wanted to do Gymnastics. The ironic thing was she just told me how she wanted to dance up on stage at the Winter recital, which I have never paid for before so she has always been left out. This, plus we got to go in and watch her latest Hip Hop dance. She is too cute. But after dance, we went next door to her dance studio (where there is a gym) and found out that the next day was 'National Gymnastics Day' and they were hosting a carnival. So Jillian and I braved the weather and the crowd. She did so good waiting for her turn at everything. Much more patient than Henry! We had a lot of fun. I don't know if we will actually do Gymnastics. I guess for some reason I equate Gymnastics to football. I don't have any issues with the sports themselves, but I really don't want to encourage my kids to do them. But if the plan stays the way it is now, she will dance in the winter recital at her Dance studio and then will start Gym at the beginning of the year. She has a few months to change her mind...fingers crossed...
Happy Girl

Balloon Twister Aurora

Balance Beam

Face Pant

No comments: