Sunday, January 31, 2016

Busy January

I can't believe January is already over.  This month has flown by because I am trying to do a 'clean up' of our house.   We have been in this house now for 10 years and the accumulation of stuff has gotten to a point where we need to do a major purge.  So, I am attempting to clean out one room a week.  So far I have done the laundry room, storage closet, office and den.  The storage closet was a task onto itself.  It was SO full that when I took everything out it actually filled up the entire den!  But I bought tubs and there is now an organization system and I love it.  

Plus, we had the OPP this past weekend, so last weekend was dedicated to making marmalade (we made 9 batches, which was 72 jars, and 8 batches were taken from people at the party.  There was a TON of people here. Probably our biggest yet.  Not sure what is going to happen next year when they develop the empty lot that everyone parks on.

Plus, the dogs were Spay about 2 weeks ago.  So that was fun trying to keep them quiet for a week.  The cones helped tremendously, because they were like blinders on horses.  May only walked backwards for the first 24 hours.  They eventually got it figured out. I kept having to clean May's because she would roll in poop.  As terrible as that was, it was not nearly as bad as the one time she caught a bird in the chicken coop (not a chicken but a dove) and decided to eat it.  Bird feathers and guts all over the cone...so gross...

Plus, my syncho team had to host a meet, which meant lots of work for me.  We had to run the concessions stand and staff the meet and our team is so small that it takes all hands to make it work.  Plus, as part of my 'unpaid internship' as president, I was responsible for the concessions.  Which made it lots more work than just showing up.  Luckily, a very nice lady from one of the other teams took me under her wing and taught me everything I needed to know.

And, I am finally giving in to Jillian's demand to try Gymnastics.  I really was trying to encourage her to stay with dancing, but she begs me every time we drive past the gym.  Plus, her studio just enacted a new policy because of a capacity issue they are having on Friday night and now I am not sure I am still going to be comfortable there.  It is a complete zoo when we are there because they have so many girls on their demo and performance team, with parents and siblings watching they cannot accommodate everyone.  Unfortunately, because of Karate, we can't switch to a different night. So...we will give gymnastics a try.
Cone heads

Last dance 

Can't keep them off the furniture



No comments: