The Beagles' rehabilitation:
So, I know that most of you who have met my beagles, would have thought it would not be possible for us to live in harmony with a cat under one roof. Well...after weeks of patience, constant baying (AROO!!!) and lots of squirts from our squirt bottles, we have integrated Chaos into the family. He is now officially a Mansson. We are able to leave him out all day and let me come and go as he pleases. He still naps occasionally in the closet, but he does really like to rest on the couch looking out the picture window (aka "Dog TV - Channel 1).
Baby Brain
I have been afflicted with what I like to call baby brain. It is a combination of being tired and getting sleep at 2-3 hours at a time and the fact that I have little adult interaction throughout my day. Baby brain makes me do things like, sitting for an hour with Henry on my chest staring off into space while I think that only 15 minutes have passes, forget what day it is (thank god for my vitamin dispenser which has "M,Tu,W,Th,F,Sa,Su" on the tops), and become hopelessly forgetful and clumsy. I am no longer able to multi-task and when I try, I always get sidetracked and totally forget want I was originally working on. So, I have always been into making checklists, but now, I am forgetting to put things onto the checklist. So, I am doing my best and giving myself a pass when it takes me three days to do things like make appointments or sort through the mail (is anyone else sick of getting junk for the upcoming election). I think the thing that is most frustrating is that I feel like I am in such a rush all the time, I make mistakes when I am doing things. For example, I wanted to order Henry some musical mobiles. I think because I danced all through my pregnancy, he likes music. So, I ordered two mobiles. One to go onto his crib, and one that is a travel mobile that can be placed on his car seat, stroller, play pen etc. The only thing is that I ordered the wrong mobile. I got the one for the crib okay (which Henry LOVES. He sits there a coos at the animals and squeals with delight when the move around SO CUTE!)
Big Boy Henry
For those of you counting, Henry is now two months old! Today is the start of his 9th week on earth and he is doing so well. We went into his 2 month appointment. He weighs 12 pounds and is almost 23 inches tall. So almost double his birth weight and 4 inches taller. He went from the 3rd-5th percentile to the 50th in height, weight, and head circumference. So, hopefully now, he will not be gaining 1.5 to 2 ounces a day now that he has caught up to average. He also had his first set of immunization. He was not very happy about that at all.
He is able to hold his head up pretty well when he is sitting.
The only bad thing is that he prefers to sleep with his head tilted to the right...and because of the "back to sleep" campaign he is starting to develop a flat spot on the back of his head. This makes me feel like a bad mom, but I am not sure what to do. He needs to be on his back while he is sleeping and when he is awake we rarely have him laying down. The doctor told us to let him sleep on his side for a while until his head grows some and the flat spot is gone...but I think he will just get a different flat spot. But, we will see.
The rest of us
I am doing much better after my illness. I am feeling 100% again. Andrew and I went into get the flu shot on Tuesday, but they were out and we will have to go back next week. We were able to get our booster shots for DPT. Which still hurts...Andrew has been busy at work. Grandma Sue is taking Hypnotherapy classes at school which will be all of the classes she is planning on taking from now until the end of the year. I am sure there is more to tell you, but I am tired and Henry is calling! (P.S. This took me about 3 days to write...I will have to try to be better about taking a few minutes every few days to post instead of a marathon post!)
No comments:
Post a Comment