It has been a while since I have updated you all on how Henry is doing. So, lets start out with some trivia. Which is the only dwarf, from Snow White, who does not have a beard? Why Dopey of course. No I know that I am not the first person to think that their kid looks like Dopey...but with those ears...how could I not. I am very happy to say that he has started sleeping 4-6 hours at a time during the night. This has been wonderful. For the last 2 weeks, I have been getting about 6-8 hours a sleep during the night and I am starting to feel like a person again (instead of a zombie milk machine). Unfortunately, there is going to be another growth spurt coming up at 3 months (so in 2 more weeks) where he will be wanting to eat more often...but I am hoping as long as I mentally prepare for it, I will be able to not sleep for the 3-4 days and still be a functioning human.
Henry has had all of his first round of immunizations. So that is over with for a few more months (YEAH),
Henry is almost 13 pounds already.
So in 11 weeks he has doubled his birth weight. Can you imagine if we gained weight like that! I know that some of you think that he is starting to look a little chubby, but babies are supposed to be. It was explained to me that if an infant gets sick and does not eat well for a few days and loses a pound or two, that you want a heavier baby. So if the baby is 3 months and weights 11 pounds and loses 2...that is a lot worse than if he weighs 15 pounds. It is all about the ratio of how much body weight is lost. But I still think he is perfect, sumo wrestler style weight gain or not. I am just glad he was small when he was born!
I have also gotten really big into carrying Henry around. I got an Over the Shoulder Baby Holder (which is a fancy sling) and enjoy doing some activities while Henry is either sleeping, or sitting and watching what I am doing. It is one way that I can get my stuff done without having to worry about stopping to go an pick him up to get him back to sleep. I just have to stand up and walk around for a minute or two and he falls back asleep. Since he is getting so heavy so fast, I am not sure how much longer I will be able to do this, but I figure I just need to get to the gym to strengthen my back muscles!
On the tooth front, he is getting another one. So, we have started the process of drooling, biting on everything and fussing all over again. I am hoping this tooth will come out quickly, but at least this time around he is old enough to get Tylenol when he appears to be in a lot of pain. He has decided that the pink pacifier we have for him is his favorite. Some of you are probably scratching your head as to why he has a pink pacifier in the first place. I blame it on baby brain. It was in a pack with a white and green one...and I guess I didn't really look at the fact that there was a pink and white one in the pack. "Pinky" seems to soothe him when he is extra fussy, unlike any of his other pacifiers...so I guess I am stuck using the pink one! I figure that it is okay, men wear pink shirts now...which is equivalent to my son using pinky.
This is a picture with Grandma Sue...it was so cute I had to post it.
I think that is all for now. I will do my best to post more later this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment