
Last week went by in a blur. We had our last week of swimming lessons (Andrew and Henry still have one day left, but we are done), plus we have been trying to sell all of the things we don't want (love Craigslist.org), plus I had a friend out from AZ last week, plus we are trying to get everything sorted and packed, plus we are trying to figure out how to eat all the perishable foods we won't be able to donate. So just busy on all fronts. The good news is that I think we have sold most of what we can, the packing is atleast 1/2 done (but probably more like 3/4) and I have a "menu" planned that we should be able to eat all of our perishables...so we are not in too bad of shape with only 6 DAYS left in OR!

I did get Henry a haircut last week. We went on Wednesday. I was very impressed because Henry did extremely well. So did the stylist. She cut his hair as best as can be expected. He still does not have too much of a style, but his hair is not the same length and is not growing into his eyes or over his ears. Hopefully in the next few months we will be able to go back and all his hair will be grown in and he will be able to get a style.
We have been trying to take advantage of the last few days of the "no sales tax", and we did so this past weekend by buying a new camera.

So now I have a small point and shoot that fits in my purse (so I am never without a camera) and we have a new fancy camera. It is a Canon Powershot. So it is not one with changeable lenses, but it has a really nice lens and everything is automatic. I think once Henry gets a little older and I don't have to tote around a bunch of stuff for him, I would be more willing to carry extra lenses, but right now I just want a simple easy camera. We also bought Henry a Bike Helmet. Andrew is planning on buying a carrier for his bike, and we want Henry to have lots of time to get used to wearing his helmet before he takes him.

Unfortunately, I have two friends with kids who now have bad colds. Both of these kids we played with last week. So it is no surprise that we all have colds now. I think it may be some form of the 'seasonal flu' because I got my flu shot and didn't really get sick, Henry has only had one of two and he is a little sicker and Andrew has not had his shot yet (getting it this week) and he got hit the worst. Hopefully we will all stay germ free this week and feel better for the drive home this weekend! I feel kinda bad because Andrew really wanted to go to the OMSI yesterday, and we went colds and all. So sorry for anyone who gets a cold for touching anything we touched. We actually took Henry into the main part of the OMSI, not just the kids playground and he had a lot of fun pushing buttons...he is our little mad scientist in training!
Sorry this is a short post, but busy as I am, I just don't have time right now. I wanted to post pictures and keep you up to date as to what is going on...but this week is going to be busy too, but hopefully I will get one more post up while we are in OR and then it will be back to sunny (and warm AZ)!










No comments:
Post a Comment