Monday, October 5, 2009

Otters, Seals and Sea Lions...oh my!

Yet another week down and only 2 left before we will be headed back to AZ! Andrew and I are starting to get excited, not only to go home, but for our vacation. Andrew and I have a little bit more spending to do to take advantage of the 'no-tax' prices here in Oregon, but most has been done. Last week, Andrew bought a fancy bike. He is going start riding to work. He did it this morning, but it was only 36 degrees out! BRRR! Hopefully the weather will stay clear for the rest of the time we are here. We also bought a new camera. It is a small one that can fit in my purse. It is "nicer" than our old one since it has more megapixels, but I don't think it is quite as good of quality. We will probably end up buying a bigger fancy camera before we leave, but at least I have a new camera now. I think it took pretty good photos at the aquarium.

Lets see, what happened this week. Henry and I got our flu shots. Apparently, there is a shortage because the vaccine companies stopped making the regular flu shot to get the H1N1 vaccines out. So I was one of the last at Walgreen's to get one and Henry was the last kid at the Dr. office to get one! I am hopeful Andrew will be able to get one from Intel before we go on vacation. I wanted to make sure Henry had his so he has some sort of resistance to the flu before we fly and take a cruise!

This weekend I went and watched Andrew and Henry at swim class. I think our instructor is better, but maybe it is just because it is a smaller class. Henry does a good job in the water. He is almost to the point where he will lay on his back with his ears in the water for an extended period of time, and he is almost blowing bubbles. He can put his mouth in, but has not figured out the "blow" part yet.

Then we drove down to Lincoln City. This time we stayed in the south end of town, instead of the north (which was where the kite festival was.) We stopped by the beach and had a great time. The weather was warm and sunny. Not too much wind. We saw lots of people fishing for salmon and crab. But the best was the wild seals which were on the beach! Unfortunately, our new camera's zoom is not as good as the old one, but we took some video. Which should be great! For dinner we went and had fresh seafood. I had some crab legs which were delicious! Henry tried both Andrew and mine and is not a seafood eater. He spit both my crab and Andrew's fish out! He does love oyster cracker thought.

We drive to Newport in the morning and went to the aquarium. We saw the sea otters and the seals/sea lions being fed. Which was great. The sea lions did tricks for their food. And we walked through the 'Passages of the deep' three times. It was Henry's favorite. He loved to look at the fish, and he even saw a scuba diver in the tank. It took a minute of thinking about it, but he finally waved and when the diver waved back he was really excited! Henry also got to pet a shark (I think it was a nurse shark) and an abalone. We had such a good time.

I know there is so much more I could write, but I have to get stuff posted on Craigslist to sell, plus clean up the dishes, plus get ready for swim lessons! So, maybe I will be able to write more later this week!





















No comments: