Sunday, January 3, 2010

Here we go again!

Well, another year off and running. I am not sure how it is already the 3rd! This week went by in a blur, as most of them do right now. For those of you wondering New Years was not as awesome as we would have hoped. We had a very nice dinner, but Andrew had to come home and work afterwords. So, I was in bed at a respectable 9:30 PM on New Year's Eve. Mostly that was due to the amount of alcohol I consumed during dinner...once I stop drinking I get all sleepy. As a side note, Andrew and I did ring in the New Year, due to the fact that Henry was SCREAMING around midnight. Poor kid, we think he may be having night terrors/nightmares now...What a great way to start off the new year!

Last week, Grandma and I spent the time Henry was napping and re-organized our kitchen. We went through all the pots and pans, dishes, silverware and everything else and reduced and organized. It was a daunting task, but we somehow made it and the kitchen looks fabulous. We did learn not to go to the salvation Army on 12/31 due to the fact that everyone is trying to get those last minute "tax deductions" in. Plus, we FINALLY took down the ugly wallpaper border in our kitchen for preparation to paint. We got paint today at the store (which was slightly an ordeal), but hopefully this week during nap time we will be able to get the kitchen repainted and completed!

Laugh of the week (well, at least it will be a laugh for you all and in a year or so it will be a laugh for me). Toilet training Henry has been lots of fun, but I have finally decided that he wins and he is not quite ready for big boy underwear. On Saturday morning, I decided that I was just going to put him in underwear (no diaper) to see how we would fare. First, I put him on the potty...nothing...so I put on a Baby Signing Time while I gather the laundry. I am walking down the hall (with my arms full of laundry) and see Henry running into his playroom. I figure he was just bored with his show and continue to the laundry room (after all it had only been a few minutes since he sat on the potty). I go back to the living room and Henry is sitting watching his show. About 2 minutes later he is up and running and trips over himself and bangs his head. Grandma picks him up and notices he is wet...and so is her sweatshirt. Sure enough he had peed on the floor during his first intermission. Underwear #1 lasted about 15 minutes, not great, but it is a starting place. I was not in the room with him to hear him say "potty" or do the potty sign. So I get him cleaned up, put him on the potty, cleaned up the floor, and changed him into a new pair of undies. Start playing with him and about 10 minutes later he is peeing on the floor again...laughing...so apparently he thinks it is fun to pee through the underwear onto the floor. I am thinking that I am going to need to teach him to pee standing up (in the toilet, of course) before we try the underwear again.



No comments: