
Well, we successfully made it through another Christmas. Andrew and I know this is the last year we will be able to wrap presents with Henry in the room, the last year we will be able to put out the presents from us and Santa at the same time, and the last year that we will be able to "sleep-in" at Christmas.
Where do I start to recap the last week. Monday night I had my Tap Dance recital. There were only 3 songs performed (we did one the the kids did two). Then Andrew and I had a "date night" which Grandma took Henry. Tuesday my Brother flew in and we went and saw Avatar in 3-D. Was it the best movie I have ever seen? No, probably not, but it was worth the cost of the 3-D and the babysitter. I would recommend seeing it at the theater in 3-D if you can. It is truly amazing what they can do! Wednesday was pretty normal, other than the fact my brother was here. Andrew worked, Henry and I went to our Baby Buggy Brigade, Mom went to Zumba, and we had a low key night playing games. Thursday was another rest day.

Friday was Christmas, what a fun morning. Henry was a little overstimulated, but all in all it was a good day. I think Henry can now open up a library with all his books. He got 20 for Christmas. He really didn't get much else...a ball, a plush toy, a swing set (I know that is a big one), some big boy underwear (that one is important to me!) and a tricycle. I think his favorite was the tricycle. Granted he has had the swing set for about a month (I got it off of Craigslist.org for a great price), but he LOVES to be pushed in the trike. He is almost big enough to reach the pedals, so hopefully in a few months we can start working on pedaling. Henry also got his first rib (thanks Aunt Margot) on Christmas. We have taken Henry to a couple of parks around the area this weekend, he went on a bike ride with Daddy, and we have done many loops in our backyard with the trike. Henry is now self sufficient on the slide. He can climb up and slide down over and over and over.

Andrew was on call this weekend so he had to do some work, but he will have the time off for New Years. This is unfortunately going to be a trend for the next few months. Andrew and I are actually going out for New Years...which I think will be a first. We have never really liked to go out, but we got invited for a nice dinner with some of our "child-free" friends. Grandma was willing to watch him, so we are going to make a night of it. Should be fun and we are both glad that Andrew has a 3 day weekend (not on call) to follow!
We hope you had a very merry Christmas and have a very safe and Happy New Year!






No comments:
Post a Comment