Here we are at the end of May.

I have not blogged in two weeks, and I am trying to remember what happened in the last two weeks and I feel like we were busy...but I guess not really. Andrew did teach Henry to turn on pull chain lamps this week, which in now Henry obsession. Every lamp in our house is on then off then on then off.
So last week on Monday, Henry and I attended the last Gym class for the summer. The Gym we go to does not offer a "mom and tot" class during the summer months, but that is okay. We will start back up in August. Tuesday we had Babies in Motion, Wednesday we had swimming and Thursday we were on an airplane flying to New Jersey. (This is the bit of excitement that we had the past two weeks!) I had a 'mini' family reunion.

I got to see all of my cousins (except one) and meet the future husbands of two of my cousins (please know that each cousin gets one husband.) I also had two other cousins who finished College in the beginning of May, so there was a lot to celebrate. Henry did great on the plane ride there, other than the fact he was absolutely fascinated with the airplane bathroom. I think we made 6 trips between the three of us (Grandma, Daddy and me). He also took a very short nap, but was well behaved. He was so funny, we were pushing back from the gate and the flight attendent said "We are cleared for departure" and Henry yelled "Hooray!". That is what he says when we read him his airplane book when they land.

While in New Jersey, we had one free day where we took Henry to the Meadowlands education center. Living in AZ, I forget how hard it is to navigate around the North East. You all with your 5 (or 6) point intersections and your 'jug handle' left turns. Good thing we have GPS on our phone or I don't think we would have made it the 3 miles from the Hotel to the center. The Education center was lots of fun for Henry. He didn't want to leave and was actually crying to stay. That was a first. But once we got him outside he saw a butterfly and all was right with the world again.

The actual family lunch went okay. We 'attempted' to keep Henry on Arizona time because the lunch started at 1:30, which is his prime nap time. He did really well through dinner and they even had a special soup for Henry that didn't have corn starch (or any other corn) in it. Then after lunch my uncle Bill gave a "presentation" regarding all the information he had found out about my ancestors. It was nice, but he said it was going to be about 30 minutes, but turned into a 2 hour thing. Henry took a nap on Andrew for most of it. It was really great to see all of my cousins. Most of them I have not seen since our wedding. Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel and had a relaxing evening.
Sunday we headed back to Phoenix. The trip on the airplane went much better. Henry only made 2 trips to the potty and even though he didn't sleep that long on the plane he was content to sit and watch his Bee Bo sign DVD on the iTouch. The only hiccup that happened during the trip was Henry had a little accident...all over me. Apparently, his pull-up was not pulled up enough and we were in line for security when he gave me a big hug and I felt warm all over. At first, I was like "Ahhh, my baby loves me", then I realized that my shirt was all wet. Well, we made it through security without any trouble (or a pat-down, which happened in Phoenix because we wanted to take applesauce and juice on the plane for Henry).

We had all our luggage with us, so we had a change of clothes. And after being on the plane and having Henry sit quietly for 4+ hours, I decided that it was an okay good trade. At least he was not the kid who was screaming during take off, running up and down the aisles during the flight, and crying when the seat belt sign came on. I do think Henry's favorite part of the whole trip was the fact that they were doing construction by our hotel and he could see the "BIG cranes" from our Hotel window.

This week was about recovery. Henry picked something up and has had a runny nose and a little cough all week. He is doing much better now, but we had to break out the vaper humidifier again. Henry is also back to AZ time now. He did really good on the switch back. He slept from about 7PM to 5:30 AM on Sunday night, which was awesome for Andrew and I. Monday was rest, we just went to Costco with Grandma and did a little shopping. Tuesday was babies in motion. Wednesday was swimming and the library. And Today was the Children's Musuem. It was good, but very crowded. We experienced their new 'Climber' exhibit, which was very cool. Henry didn't want to stay too long because he was a little overwhelmed with all the kids, but I think had a good time. We will go back in a few weeks to see how he does.


No comments:
Post a Comment