Sunday, June 6, 2010

Here comes the HOT!

So, here in Arizona May is usually the month when the beautiful weather goes away and we start getting the 100 degree temps. But this year we had a very mild May where we had day in the 80's at the end of the month. I think there was only one day during the month that hit 100 (and we were in NJ for that one.) But June has come to make up for May's lack of heat and hit over 100 every day so far (UGH!)

Andrew's job is finally (supposed) to slow down. Over the Memorial day weekend it was crazy. His co-worker was out and his boss was out for the weekend. So he was basically doing everything by himself that whole weekend. Henry and I tried to stay busy, but Andrew and I did get to go to one BBQ in the afternoon, just the two of us (on Saturday). Then all of us went to a BBQ at my friends Lisa's house. Henry was a trooper, but her house was definitely not baby proof. Henry only broke one little thing and we even tried to distract him with letting him watch Finding Nemo. I still don't know how parents of kids the same age as Henry actually get their kids to sit for over a hour to watch a movie. Henry sat for 5 minutes and then was done. Unfortunately, the weekend was not too good for Henry. He caught some kind of stomach bug and had some GI upset. It was really bad for me because I have been so spoiled because Henry has been #2 potty trained for about 4 months now. Getting yucky diapers for a few days made me very VERY thankful that he usually goes on the toilet! Plus one morning, he woke up and apparently he had either slept through (or just didn't call out to us to take him to the potty) a very messy and large poo. It was everywhere...he had a completely full diaper (front and back), it was all over his crib, in his hair, even some outside of the crib (which I am not sure how that happened), but I do know that there was none (as in not a single drop) on his pajamas. Any clues how that happened? Me either!

Last week was good. It was another slow week since we were in the middle of the transition to summer classes. Tuesday we took an easy day and just did some shopping, Wednesday we went to swimming, Thursday we went to the library and Friday Andrew was home. He took a long weekend to make up for having to work all Memorial day weekend. We also had a house guest for the weekend. Zed the black lab stayed with us from Thursday until Sunday evening. Friday morning, we didn't have anything scheduled so Henry and I went out to the pool with Zed, while Andrew was working on getting the yard cleaned up. Some of the bushes have grown to trees since Andrew has been so busy at work. Henry loved watching Zed swim after his ball. When we were done with the pool, Henry and I came in and showered and then Grandma came in and said "I have to leave for an appt., but you need to go look at Andrew's leg. He may need stitches." So, after looking at what he had done...apparently he hit his knee with the hedge trimmer...I told him I would be very surprised if he would not need stiches. So, off to the Urgent Care Center we went. Henry was a trooper. Granted he had to sit in every chair in the waiting room and use the potty twice, but he didn't fuss and watched a little TV (which the receptionist was nice enough to change from the news to the Disney Channel.) Seven stitches and 7 days worth of antibiotic later, he was sent home with instructions to not bend his knee too much and take it easy for the weekend. That only lasted 2 days. On Sunday Andrew was out hedge trimming again, and mowing the yard. I guess I know where Henry's "can't sit still" comes from.

This week was fun as well. Saturday, Andrew and Henry are enrolled in a class called Sportsball. It is a class that teaches you games to teach your kids how to play different sports. I figure Henry is so far ahead with speech, but I feel he is slightly lacking because he still does not throw a ball well. Then we went to lunch at one of our good friends and Henry did very well. He almost fell asleep watching cartoons, but we left just in time to get him to sleep in the car. Monday, Andrew Henry and I went to the Children's museum. It was not crowded and Henry (and Andrew) had a good time. Tuesday we had Babies in Motion, Wednesday we had Swimming and a new class called Soccer Tots. This class is to let them run around after a soccer ball for an hour or so. It seemed to be a good class, but it is alot to have both swimming and soccer the same day. Today we went out to our pool and then went to the library and tomorrow we are planning on going to the pool with the dump bucket again.

I feel like I have fallen off the ball with taking pictures. Henry dropped my little camera and it doesn't quite focus right any more. Any way, here are some from the last couple of weeks. Sorry they are not incorporated in the blog like normal!









No comments: