Saturday, October 23, 2010
Day of Play, Halloween Party and Road Race
Well, the last couple of weeks have been super busy. Lets see...I did a dance recital again last weekend.
This time it was to promote the group I was in. With me going on 'Maternity Leave' for the next session, they will be one dance down for a few (probably 6 or so) months. Having 2 kids I am not sure how the whole schedule thing is going to go. We danced at Chandler's Day of Play. Which was geared toward the kids programs that the City of Chandler has, but they let us dance since we are the 'City of Chandler Dance Company'. There were very few who actually watched the dance, but hopefully someone out there saw us and decided that it would be fun to do. Henry and Andrew came with me too. Henry had a great time. He got to meet Dora the Explorer, go on a Mickey Mouse bounce house, and even got a free eagle toy from an insurance company. Plus, he got to watch me dance. Which he said he liked, but who knows...
The following week I pretty much spent all of my free time decorating for Henry's playgroup Halloween Party. I decided to host it, since the weather is finally cooling off and the kids could use the back yard. Plus, there was some concern in my group over which park to go to. There are some women who will not take their kids to certain parks because they are "too busy" and someone will surely take their child (Oh brother!). So, I did all the decorations 'on the cheap' which means that most of them were handmade. So while they were inexpensive, they just took hours to make and hang. But the party was lots of fun. Henry's costume, a triceratops, was super cute. I was thinking about making one, but I got it online for less than the pattern and material would cost me. Not to mention all the time, stress, and swearing that would come along with me attempting my first big sewing project.
As for time with Henry, we had gym on Monday, which Henry did fine at. A Playgroup on Tuesday, where Henry's favorite thing to say was 'Mine'. Of boy...where did he learn that? I guess for a 2-year old it is bound to happen. Swimming on Wednesday, which went SO much better. I didn't have to get into the water. He had fun with Miss Tori and participated and everything. Thursday was his first day of Preschool, which went good. He cried a little after another little girl started crying and apparently he snuck out of the room with another parent and went down the hall looking for me, but other than that, he did great. Friday was the Halloween party.
Saturday morning was Andrew's first Road Race since I have known him (over 10 years). He did a 5 K and I think was pretty happy with his time (around 24 minutes). Henry kept saying he wanted to race with Daddy. So, we may try to do a 1 mile fun walk at the next 5 K he signed up for next month. I am pretty sure Henry can walk a mile, but I am not sure if he can do it in a race setting. But it will give us something to do while Andrew runs, this is assuming of course that in another 4 weeks I can still walk a mile without issue. Henry got bored waiting for Daddy and decided it was fun to lay on the sidewalk.
Sunday we went back to Vertuccio Farms, which was the farm where Henry had his first experience with Pumpkins. It was not nearly as nice as Schnepf Farms (see pumpkin pics from previous post), but for less than the price of one admission at Schnepf, all three of us go to go in. Henry had fun on their 'Barrel train', but I think it made Andrew a little nervous. Henry didn't have a seat belt and they left our line of sight for a few seconds. But Henry did great. I asked him to sit down and hold on and he did. Plus, Henry had his first experience with the 'High Striker' (the strongman mallet thingy at the carnivals) and a Hay Bale Maze. It was great, there was one way in and out so your kid could not sneak out...but Andrew accompanied Henry anyway. Plus they had some animals there. Fun morning for sure.
Andrew ended the weekend with a bike ride to the Veteran's Park by our house which has a fishing lake and a nice trail to a vista, and some bird watching stations.













Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment