
I have been trying to get a blog post up for over a week, but there have been a combination of things that have been happening that makes it hard to do. The most of which is that Henry's afternoon nap has been ranging from 1-3 hours and I never know how much time I will have. Some days, I am sure he will take a long nap and he is up shortly after he falls asleep and other days he just keeps sleeping. Anyway, I should have time today to get everything updated, so her goes...
We purchased a twin size mattress for Henry at the beginning of October. It took a couple of days, but now he is sleeping in it really well. We have the mattress on the floor, so we don't have to worry about him rolling out. But it makes it hard for me (being pregnant) to get down and up. We are planning on moving the crib out of his room this weekend (or possibly next weekend) depending on busy we are. I am hoping this will ease the transition for when baby girl needs the crib.
Swimming is still a disaster...last week it was so bad...I was almost in tears. We pulled into the parking lot and he started screaming "No Mommy! No swimming!" And had a fit. He calmed down a little bit, but then he went into the water and started balling right away.

I took him out of the class after about 2 minutes. Lucky for us, we have been "good customers" of the swim school and they are giving us 3 private lessons. This way Henry can get used to the instructor and I can be in the pool if needed. This week's lesson was better. There were no tears and he did actually practice all his swimming skills, but he had a couple of times where he was clinging onto me for dear life. Next week, I am planning to not get into the water, just sit on the deck and watch him. He told me he had fun with Miss Tori, so hopefully it will be better.

We toured both the Montessori School and the regular Preschool across the street. We will definitely be sending him to the Montessori school when he turns 2.5, but until then he will go for 5 hours a week to the school across the street. I had to decide which option was going to be best. Option 1 was to send him to the regular preschool now and have to switch him after 3 months and Option 2 was to just wait until February to send him to school. I decided on Option 1 because of a few reason. Mostly because I am starting to have a hard time keeping up with him. But also because I don't want him to correlate him going to school with the new baby. I was a little hesitant after the breakdown at swimming last week, but hopefully everything will work out. We went to the Grand Opening of the school yesterday afternoon and it was a mad house. But Henry got a balloon and some cotton candy, so he really enjoyed himself.

So, both Monday's that have passed have been Gym class. The first Tuesday was our last Kindermusik class. We are sad not to be able to do the next session, but Henry will be in preschool at the same time. We also took a walk from the library to the Riparian Reserve (which is a lake) after class to celebrate the first cool-ish day of the season. This week Tuesday was flu shots, play at the mall, and toy shopping at a very cool toy store. The have more 'imaginative' and 'manual dexterity' toys than a big chain. Henry had a great time and I ended up spending way more than the gift certificate he got for his 1st birthday. The gift certificate was placed in a folder that just got cleaned out...so I decided to go spend it (finally).

I got him the large set of Build It toys. Basically it is, as Andrew put it, a practice toy for building IKEA furnature. But you can build robots, or animals, or wheelbarrow, or pretty much whatever you can imagine. Henry has not quite figure out the screws need to go in one direction and will go back and forth, but he tells me what he wants where and we have built some pretty cool stuff. Wednesdays have been swimming (see paragraph above).
Last Thursday was a playdate at a park. We had a break in the heat and we were able to enjoy spending some time outside. Henry loves swings still and tells me he want to go "Higher, Higher, Higher like a Cherry Picker".

This Thursday, we were not so lucky with the weather. We had an unseasonably warm day. It was 100 degrees...UGH! And Henry and I had a playdate at Schnepf Farm for the Pumpkin and Chili Festival. It was SO much fun...even though I way overdid it. We were there for way to long in the heat and I definitely was not feeling very well by the time we left. I basically had to DRAG Henry out though. They had a huge Pumpkin Patch, Petting Zoo, Playground, and Amusement Park rides. Henry really wanted to go on the roller coaster, but I couldn't so he settled for going on the plane ride 4 times. We didn't even make it on the carousel, or the pony rides.

But I figure maybe I can talk Andrew into going to another farm when it is close to Halloween.
Last Friday, I had a doctor's appointment, so Grandma had Henry most of the morning. I had to do my Glucose Screening for gestational diabetes and it marked my first appointment in my third trimester. Everything seems to be going well still, so hopefully the next 9-12 weeks will be just as good. This Friday we had another playdate at a park. It was still hot out and we almost didn't go because Henry was having a very "terrible 2" morning.

He wanted the opposite of everything...and when you did the opposite he would scream and cry that he wanted the original way. It got to the point where I had to put myself in "Time Away" because I was ready to put him on the porch with a sign that said "Free to a good home." But I refrained, removed myself from the situation, let him carry on until he settled down, and then finally got a small bit of cooperation. But once we got to the park he seemed fine and I was able to chat with some of my mommy friends. It all started up again once we got back in the car, but I had enough time to decompress that I was much more composed.
Looking at the week ahead, we have gym on Monday, playdate on Tuesday, swimming on Wednesday, preschool on Thursday and our Halloween party on Friday. So another busy busy week. But hopefully once Henry gets going to Preschool it will free up some of my time and I can relax a little.


No comments:
Post a Comment