Grandma left on Wednesday early morning (23rd). Henry, Jillian and I went swimming and then to the park with Henry's swimming buddy Chloe. They were so cute together.
I also had a couple more outings where I had both kids. We went to our friends house where we got to meet all the other 'December Babies'. These are the women from my support group where the first child was born with in a month or two of Henry and we all had our second in December. Crazy huh. We had just come from swimming so his suit was wet, but that surely did not stop him from playing in the water. He had a heat spell that week and we were in the 90's. BLAH! But it was short lived, and we got some good playing in the pool time. And we went to a splash pad and played for a playdate with our friends.
I was also crazy enough to take both kids to Jambo Park to let Henry ride on the rides, play at the arcade, and climb in their giant climber. He had so much fun. He kept on wanting to go back, but I was POOPED after chasing him around with Jillian strapped onto me.
Henry also got pretty sick over the last weekend he woke up with goop in his eye on Friday afternoon, and I knew I should have taken him to the doctor, but he told me a jackhammer jackhammered his eye. So I thought maybe he poked his eye. But over the weekend it developed into pink eye. Plus he ended up with a double ear infection AND he had (still does) a cold. This has been a very hard cold season for us. Henry had his first fever (back in January), and now he has been on his first round of antibiotic and medicated eye drops. What fun. Actually the really funny thing is that we are now bribing Henry to eat his breakfast and dinner so he can have his antibiotics. The medicine is in a sweet orange flavored syrup (which I am sure is derived from corn, but oh well). He thinks it is candy and cleans his plate if we say "We can't give you your antibiotics on an empty stomach." I guess that tells you what kind of diet he eats.
Plus, we have started giving him jelly beans as a reward for going potty. He keeps having accidents, just little ones. So he pees just a little then runs to the bathroom and finishes, but he has to change his underwear. He does to this all by himself (including changing pants) but sometimes he has wardrobe malfunctions and he puts the pants on backward or does not pull them up all the way.
I also finished his tie and suspenders for the rehearsal dinner. I am still trying to play nice with my sewing machine, but we are still having 'issues'. I will come with time and experience. I am just glad that Henry is SO happy to get anything I make, it really does not have to look that nice.
I did have plans for this to be a stellar post, but I have sat down now three times to do this, and I am just so busy with everything I can't do any better at the moment. We will be traveling to NJ for my cousins wedding before my next post. Wish us luck traveling with two small children across the country!
No comments:
Post a Comment