We have been back to Arizona for a week now and I am still just as tired as I was when we arrived. Unfortunately, Jillian got the cold that Henry had and has not been sleeping very well. Plus, she has had a very low grade fever for a couple of days. Sigh...Henry was never sick as a baby. But then again, we were never sick when he was a baby either. Now, I feel like we live in a house that is a breeding ground for germs. Blah! Last week went by so fast. We got in so late, I spent (what felt like) an entire day doing laundry. Plus three days on the couch holding a sick baby.
On top of that we had an Easter egg hunt at our house. It was so much fun, but Jillian was quarantined with Grandma since she was coughing.

We had all the kids line up for the hunt. What a riot! Fifteen 2 year olds having to wait to get eggs...so funny! I think everyone had a good time. Plus, Henry got the treat to help me vacuum for the party which is his favorite. Other than that, we didn't really do Easter. No big meal, no baskets. Just because Henry still can't eat candy and there is really nothing we wanted to get for him. We have been 'cheating' on the diet and giving Henry some corn products and occasional milk. He seems to do okay with a little bit, but if we over do it (like at the party when he had muffins (with dairy in them) and some of the bunny cake (cream cheese frosting)) he did have what he calls 'silly poo'. But I am encouraged that he can eat some now with out an immediate reaction. The weather cooperated too. It was only about 85, which was much cooler that it had been all week.

Today we had Jillian's 4 month appointment. She is trying to keep toe-to-toe with Henry. She was 15 pounds 9 oz and 25 inches long. At Henry's 4 month appointment he was 15 pounds 11 oz and 25 inches too. Henry started off smaller though, so not sure if at the 6 month appointment she will be as big as him. She is 85th for weight 75th for height and 30th for head. But she is growing good and the Dr. is happy. She was well enough to get her immunizations too. So I am expecting another afternoon of holding a baby who is not feeling too well. Maybe this afternoon will be warm enough to put out Henry's play pool again. Who know...I made him Playdough yesterday and we sat outside and enjoyed the April weather.
Another thing that I have not posted about is the 3 month photo shoot for Jillian. I did that when my mom was in Hong Kong. The pictures turned out good, but Jillian is SO much fairer that any of us. I am hoping that she does not end up burning in the sun.
This week, we don't have any thing too special planned. Just preschool, swimming, and my support group. Maybe the library if Jillian is healthy enough. I had to miss my group last week because Jillian was coughing. Hoping for a healthy week and happy kids :-)












No comments:
Post a Comment