
Well, it has been a full two weeks since I have posted and I am not sure what to write about. Life has been going along with no excitement. Just every day life. Let's see...our biggest news is that Jillian is now crawling. I am in SO much trouble. She mostly still army crawls, but she is starting to get the hang of hands and knee crawling. I give it the weekend before she is everywhere. She she has also started trying to pull up on everything. So now, if I leave her in the middle of the living room, she will crawl to a chair and try to pull herself up. It makes me pretty nervous because we have so much tile in our house and she seems to like our pub table/chairs. Which is over tile...but I am sure that in this adventure of becoming mobile, she will get her fair share of bumps and bruises.

Henry has been doing really well at school. He knows all his letters, so now he is learning the sound association. Plus, he has been working on numbers and can associate 1-7 with items without a problem, but still has issues with 8,9, and 10. Work in progress, but pretty good for a 3 year-old. I am also now the 'Scholastic Book Club Coordinator' for the school. (PLUG) So, if you are looking to order books, let me know and you can help out Henry's school by earning 'points' that can be used to buy books and other classroom materials (END PLUG). It is a title I gave myself, but the teacher approached me and said that she thought I would be a 'good candidate' to be in charge of the book club. I think 'good candidate' was code for 'sucker parent' who would do this, but you know...time and my exceptional organization skills are all that I can give right now. Andrew had to give me a budget that I can spend each month, because I could spend lots (and LOTS) of money every month on books.

The kids have not been sleeping very well. Jillian is still working on that second tooth and I think it started to break the gum today. She has been very uncomfortable and has only given us a couple of nights the last couple weeks where she has only been up once. Most nights it is 2-3 times. Very exhausting. But it seems on the night she only gets up once Henry gets up. He has gotten up twice to go potty, one time he banged his head on his bed, he can't find Froggy, he is wrapped up in his covers and can't get out....but it never fails that I am almost asleep from putting Jillian down, then Henry wakes up. Then I get him back down and she wakes up again. BLAH!! To make matters worse the cat has been coming in and bothering us in the early morning hours too. I think because it has been so hot the last couple of weeks, the cat does not know what to do with himself. So, Andrew and I are getting little sleep. But we are hanging in there.
I am also finally posting Henry's 3 year pictures. I love our photographer, she always does such a great job. I have been very busy getting ready for my big dance Intel show. It is mid-September and we have 13 girls dancing this year. Lots of costumes and lots of practice the last couple of weeks!. Sorry there is nothing too exciting to report. Just trying to stay cool and ride out the last couple of weeks of summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment