
Well, last week was spring break. I was very excited to have Henry home, but I also knew that it was going to be a busy week since he was going to be here. I say that I survived Spring Break because Henry is the master of "Why?". Once you get down to the molecular level with explanations and he still asks Why? I almost lost my mind. This event happened multiple times a day and when I would ask him "Why do you think XYZ?" he would say "No mom! You have to tell me!" Sigh...back to school this week where his teacher can tell him why ;-)
For spring break, I invested in a new-to-us water table. I saw it at a yard sale while I was walking with one of my friends and decided we needed one with a water tower and buckets and a boat! I know...I am a sucker for a good deal! The weather cooperated all week because it was cool in the morning and in the 70-80 in the afternoon. Perfect weather for a splash table. This table and the swing set were our daily
 |
Henry and his first plane!
|
afternoon activities. The mornings were full of playdates and a zoo trip. During Jillian's morning naps (before the playdates), Henry was honing his lego skill. He is really impressing us now with his rocket ships with tow cables (or as I call them intergalactic tow ships.) We hosted a play date and the swingset was a huge hit. It still needs to be sanded and stained, I still need to make canopies and all the little add-ons (like steering wheel) need to be added. The kids had lots of fun. Plus there was a St. Patrick Playdate at the park. We had a lot of fun. It was very stressful because Henry was out of my site most of the time (I was with Jillian). But he was playing with his friend Jackson (who is 5) and I just trusted that Henry would not go off by himself. Jackson and Henry also went on a little bike ride (we walked behind them) and Henry only hit Jackson and fell 3 times (one time his training wheels hit Jacksons, one time he was going to fast, and one time he tried to turn too quickly). Not too bad. I thought it was going to be more than that, but he actually listed to direction pretty well. We also had a great time at the zoo. Jillian actually was interested in the animals (yeah!) and we were there with about 4-5 friends. Henry told me his favorite part was petting the wildebeest! What wildebeest you may ask? I have no idea. Apparently, he said, he petted it, it mooed at him and he was not scared. The only thing that mooed at him was a Zebu, he did not pet it, and he hid behind me after the mooing...so...you know 3-year-olds and their imaginations!
 |
Jillian with a headband
|
Jillian is still not speaking. I am starting to get a little worried about her because I don't think she has a word yet. She is signing a bunch, which is a good. She also follows directions really well, like bring me the dog bowl or go get a book. But mostly it is screeching/crying with a sign instead of attempts at words. I have heard her say words at times but it is usually only once and I can't get her to repeat it. I have her 15 month appointment next week, so we will see what the doctor says. I am not sure if she is really behind, or just behind Henry in speech.
I feel so far behind since I was unable to get anything done during the day last week! Who knew two kids could keep you so busy. I have to start buying plane tickets for the rest of our vacations this year, plus figure out what we are going to do for our 10 year anniversary. Overall, it was a good spring break. Perfect weather and wonderful company.
 |
| Silly boy! |
 |
| Henry's very first 100% self made tower |
 |
| Dare Devil Henry |
 |
| Playing at the park |
 |
| Zoo with good friend Jackson |
 |
| Jillian poking...I mean petting the goats |
 |
| Very interested in noses |
 |
| At playground at zoo |
1 comment:
I still wonder how it could be 10 years.
I meant to comment on the JoAnns thing. I have never found the people there to be helpful. I doubt any of them can sew or even own a sewing machine. I am partial to quilt shops. They have higher quality fabrics and the women (and sometimes men) there actually know which end of the needle to thread. Of course of the canopies you needed more heavy duty stuff though.
Post a Comment