 |
| Who needs TV? Sitting in the drawers of the entertainment unit is SO much more fun! |
Well, two short posts for February is all you get. I have been laying low and doing some much needed organizing and cleaning instead of taking lots of pictures and updating the blog. Even now, I am looking at the pictures from the last couple of weeks and they are few and far between. I think the biggest reason is that my little point and shoot camera has been dropped one too many times and is acting funny so I am not taking it everywhere. I have tried to replace it with the big camera, but I don't really like having such a big bulky camera with me all the time. Maybe with our tax return I can talk Andrew into buying a new camera...who knows.
 |
| Rocking the Pebbles hairdo! |
Anyway, the last two weeks have been pretty uneventful. I have been doing a better job with getting Jillian out an about during the mornings (so walks with friends, storytime, classes, etc...) but she is still very dependent on her morning nap. Which has been nice because I have been able to do my organizing/cleaning during the mornings. But hard too, because we can't do anything until 10AM (when she usually gets up) and I have to pick Henry up at 11:45. Not too much time, but better than none. Her sleeping is better, we finally have her done with the night feed and occasionally she will sleep from 7PM until 4:30AM. She usually requires a diaper change around 2, but hopefully she will be consistently sleeping soon! She is also almost done nursing. Really only once a day now. Which is great too. Not that I am in a super hurry to wean her (since she still loves it so much), but as soon as she is done. I am definitely done. I have also finally figured out what to do with her hair. She won't keep clips in. I even tried to put two in at one time so she would pull one out and leave the other, but she always eventually found the second one. She is now rocking the Pebble Flintstone hairdo. Her little bangs stick straight up, but she leaves it alone and can't pull out the rubber band very easily. She does get her hands on her hair and creates 'the bump' hairstyle from the 80's, but she is still super cute anyway!
 |
| New Swingset!!!! |
Our impromptu purchase last weekend was a Rainbow Swingset/Play system off of Craigslist. We got it for a steal and will hopefully get it up and running for the kids this weekend. There is going to be a LOT of work needed (it is about 10 years old and in desperate need of some(okay a lot) TLC and new accessories) but hopefully it will work out that we are able to have a rocking swing set with EVERYTHING you could possibly want for about 10-15% of the price. That plus lots of Andrew sweat, tears and (most likely) cursing. We got such a great deal because it was on a property that was foreclosed upon and the new owners didn't want it. But unfortunately the old owners trashed it. The swings were broken, and they through paint on the slides. That plus years on neglect in the Phoenix weather, but the lumber was still in good condition (4x6 redwood, so solid construction), just in desperate need of a cleaning, sanding, and restaining/sealing. The swing set has two slides (a straight and a twisty), two elevated platforms, monkey bars, and a swing beam with space for 4 swings. The foot print of this monster swing set is 21 feet by 26 feet. I know it is overkill, but exactly what I wanted (we do have the huge yard and when the kids get a few years older it will be perfect for our beautiful fall/winter/springs). I attached a picture so you can see how gigantic it is, but I will post more photos once it is in our yard looking all pretty like ;
Have no fear about my lack of activity. March is showing up with a busy BUSY schedule, Some weekends this far have 3 things scheduled...so lots of running around and lots of pictures (I promise to take my camera with me!). That plus using my extra time fixing up the swing set makes for a busy march!
 |
| Holding Hands in the Car |
 |
| At a friend's birthday party. |
 |
| What a cutie! |
 |
| Henry with the Suns Gorilla. |
No comments:
Post a Comment