Monday, June 17, 2013

Skateland Roller Skating...I must be crazy

Skateland
Skate Mates
Henry has asked a couple of times to do Roller Skating.  My guess is that someone at his school has rollerskates and talk about it.  So, I decided that I would give it a try.  Please keep in mind that I have not roller skated in years (probably decades!) but I used to really enjoy it.  I figured it was just like riding a bike, it would come back.  Plus the kids were able to get Skate Mates, which look like walkers on wheels to help them keep their balance.  Jillian has amazing balance so she did really well.  She fell a few time and decided she didn't like it because it was hard (hey she is two!).  Henry fell a ton and had a really hard time at first but once we got going and he went back and forth on the carpet, we went 6 times around the rink all by himself (at that point Jillian was done.) We had lots of fun, I sweated a lot...but didn't fall or injure my self, and it was stressful but a great time.


Henry going all by himself
Henry told me he didn't need a nap.  He crashed on the couch after about 15 minutes of 'quiet time'. 

Sorry this is blurry!  Henry smiling having a great time

No comments: