 |
| Henry was Optomus prime this year |
Henry's fifth Lego party this year was lots of fun. I had about 20 projects that I wanted to do for the party that I was not able to do because I am a single mom during the week and last weekend I was out of town...but I did what I could and I think it turned out great.
For the invitation, I made cards that looked like Lego. Super easy, just took time to punch out all the holes. Plus, I had to do a couple of trials to make the LEGO logo be in the middle.
For food, we did pizza, chips and dip, popcorn. I attempted to make the pepperoni pizza look like little lego pieces, but they all shifted during cooking...but the pizza was great. I did make a Lego Cake, Colored White Chocolate Legos for the cupcake toppers, Gummy Legos, Legoman Marshmallow pops. I totally feel like I skimped here because I didn't have time to make everything and I had to buy lots of food stuffs at Costco.
 |
| Lego Punch Board after Henry picked his circle. |
For activities, we had pin the head on the lego man, build your own lego man, a room dedicated to legos, and a face painter. Also, my biggest (and really only project) for the activites was a Lego Punch board in lieu of a Pinata. I didn't want 5 year olds singing a bat in my living room so I had to think of something else. I thought of the Price is Right Punch board and thought I can make a punch board that looks like a Lego. I used stuff from the dollar store: Cardboard back, Colored Poster Board, Firm Paper Bowls, tissue paper, and glue. I put paper bags behind each 'bump' and in the bags was a huge bag of candy. There were two bags that had a "Golden Ticket" that said "You are a Winner" and the kids who won got to pick a small lego set. I had the kids randomly pick numbers out of a hat. Henry went first just to show everyone how to do it (since he was the birthday boy.) The kids loved it. And I loved not finding random pieces of candy on the floor days later or having to worry about a bat.
Overall it was a super fun time and we got to meet a lot of the kids in Henry class. One of my friends said I didn't miss a beat, but she didn't know about the 20 crafty projects that I was going to do that didn't get done...but I am glad I pulled it off without a hitch!
 |
| Lego Invite |
 |
| Food Table |
 |
| Love Fricken Awesome Face Painting! |
 |
| Jillian at the 'Create your own Legoman' station |
 |
| Jillian's face |
 |
| Had a room dedicated to building |
 |
| Lots of Kids enjoyed the legos |
 |
| Lego Punch board - Getting Candy |
 |
| Cake Time |
 |
| Henry told me he wanted chocolate cake...but then ended up with a vanilla cupcake. |
 |
| Opening presents...it was fast and furious and all the kids helped :-) |
No comments:
Post a Comment