After we made it to Oregon, and the 'Jillian locking herself in the room debacle', we had two weeks of psudo -vacation time to fill. Andrew was assigned an apartment in Ceder Hills, which is about 10 miles from Intel (almost to Portland) and it was not in a very good location at all. It is convenient since there is a bus stop on our corner and you can walk .5 mile to the Max, but there is really nothing around it. There is a little park a few blocks from the apartment and there is a swimming pool at the apartment complex (which was a HUGE bonus because not all the places have pools). So everyday we went to a park and almost every day we went swimming...but it was COLD since the highs were in the 80s and the pool was not heated past 85...but the kids loved it...and I know that is really not cold...but I am used to my Phoenix pool. Henry mastered Monkey Bars while we were there. He is now a pro (and can do them at home.) I did, however, re-injured my shoulder trying to show him how to do them.Apparently, I was not all the way healed. I attached a video...but it won't rotate the right way and I don't know how to fix it, but you get the idea. I did remember that there was a really great library in Cedar Mills. So we went to storytime twice and we went to a Puppet Show hosted by the Library. (Which was wonderful and WAY better than the puppet shows here in AZ). But we also went to the Zoo (which we love! Portland Zoo is a great zoo...and there are penguins and polar bears which we don't have here in AZ). I also took them to the OMSI (Which I love) and they still have a great area for the little ones. We had a great time. I think in October, I may try the Children's museum, which we have never done before. But the kids love the AMY and the Phoenix Children's musuem here...so I figure I will give it a go. Over the weekend we had a busy time and tried to smush all the fun stuff in with Andrew since we only got one weekend! So that will be in another post!
 |
| GRRRR!!! |
 |
| Sea Lions! |
 |
| Jaguar viewing area! Right up close |
 |
| Wooden horses at petting zoo |
 |
| Eagle Nest |
 |
| New mural at entrance to zoo |
 |
| Dino matching at OMSI |
 |
| Water Play at OMSI |
 |
| Chip and Dale |
 |
| New Sand area |
 |
| Silly girl loves corn |
 |
| Fun Playground |
 |
| Berry Picking |
 |
| Hippo |
 |
| Otter |
 |
| Puppet Show! Had dinosaurs in it. |
 |
| Another Park! |
No comments:
Post a Comment