Sunday, January 5, 2014

The rest of Christmas...I mean Winter Break...

Zoo with Friends
Well, the rest of Winter break went by pretty fast. I didn't overly schedule us because of illness (Jillian had an ear infection and I have a cold that I can't seem to shake!). But we did go back to the zoo on Friday (that is 2x in one week and 3x this month!). This time we met some friends and basically played our way through the zoo. Meaning that we really didn't look at too many animals...just played at each of the different playgrounds. It was fun.

The most 'exciting' thing that happened during the two weeks off was Jillian had a 'Non-allergic Ammoxicillin Rash' pop up.  Basically she broke out in hives after being on the antibiotic for her ear infection 8 days after starting.  The doctor said that basically the virus weakened her immune system which made her break out...but just to be safe he put 'possible ammoxicillin allergy' on her medical chart.   Great...but she went on a different antibiotic and it seemed to work wonders in just a couple of days.  Luckily the 8th day of her meds was her 3 year well baby check up so there was no need to rush in to get an appointment.  Other than that the well-child check up went great.  Jillian is 38.5 inches tall and about 38 lbs.  95% for both!  Big Girl!

We also had a very small play date with friends and did 'noon' years eve.  Basically, Henry learned about New Years at school and has been begging to stay up until midnight.  Since Andrew and I don't usually make it until midnight I decided this was a good alternative. We played, ordered pizza and had a balloon drop and a sparking cider toast around noon.  It was lots of fun and I think I may try to do it every year.
Leaf Pile

Jumping into pile
We have also been enjoying the fact that our Landscapers just quit coming.  Basically they sent Andrew and e-mail at the beginning of December, but Andrew didn't read it until Christmas...so we thought they just weren't coming and Andrew has been so busy at work he had not called.  So the yard is a MESS!!  But, bright side is we have a TON of leaves in yard and were able to rake up a small leaf pile for the kids to play it.  They had lots of fun.  Most AZ kids don't get to experience the changing leaves of fall (even though our fall technically comes in Winter!)

Henry starts school on the 7th with his long term sub because his teacher is on Maternity leave.  Hopefully it will be a smooth transition.  Jillian also goes back on the 7th and I am very excited to have a morning to get things back in order!   Hoping you all had very happy holidays!!
Big Girl with the backpack

Little Spider
Jumping to leaf pile




Superkids

Jillians Rash!


Loving the 'Fall' winter weather here in Phoenix

Cannonball!

1 comment:

Nepsi said...

Sorry about the amoxicillin thing. We had a similar thing happen but E's reaction sent us to the hospital twice. :(