Monday, April 14, 2014

April Fun

There was a little girl who had a little curl....
Things here have started to get hot.  The temperature has been steadily rising and the time as been steadily passing!  Henry's teacher is back from Maternity Leave, but he keeps forgetting his homework.  Not sure what is going on with him, but since the return of Spring Break he has forgotten his homework 4 times!  I am at a total loss.  Yesterday I even asked him if he had his homework in his binder and he said 'Yes' only to find half of it in his binder.  Well, he is 5 and it is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of life.   He is still getting great grades on his tests and he is a little reading whiz.  But it just irks me that he keeps forgetting.

The chicks at Jillian's School are hatching this week, which is exciting.  We will be keeping three of what hatches, so hopefully they have a good hatch.  The coop is almost done.  it is 100% contained, but the hen house still needs to be built.  Andrew is sure that it will be done by Easter, but we will see.

Andrew is also having to go to Oregon for two weeks.  BOO!!  I am not looking forward to being a single mom again, but atleast this time it is only for a short time. An added bonus is that because he needs to be up there for the whole two weeks, I am going to go up for a 36 hour trip over the weekend.  Lots of flying for me and Grandma will have the kiddos, but a great break for me. Travelling by myself is SO easy...and it is nice to have time to myself.

The consignment sale went okay.  I will never do it again, but I sold over 100 items and made $150.  Not too shabby...but it was SO much work (hanging, ironing, tagging) and then they didn't take everything and the one thing that I was really trying to sell didn't.  Bigfoot a.k.a. 'Thump Thump' (Jillian's nickname for him) did not sell.  I didn't price him that bad (according to what they are selling on e-bay), but no one wanted him.  Unfortunately, that means he will be living in our closet for a while longer (much to Jillian's dismay).

Trying to make Synchro suits!!!
I also took it upon myself to make my duet synchro suits.  My partner has very specific things that she like in a suit and unfortunately we could not find exactly what we were looking for.  So...I found a 'wrap' suit where we will wear a black suit under the suit I made.  This way she can wear her particular suit and just put this one on top.  But my EFFING sewing machine...I had to take it apart and oil it (apparently you have to oil your machine every decade or so).  I was really hoping it was broken so I didn't really pay attention to where the screws were coming out of so when I put it back together there were only two extra...Then two needles, a lot of swearing under my breath, a lot of trying to figure out why my bobbin was being crazy (which I NEVER figured out, one of the things that is pretty consistently annoying about my machine.) They turned out pretty good, as long as you don't look too closely at the stitching, and they were pretty inexpensive to make.

Tea Party!
Last weekend, we went to a birthday party.  It was fun.  It was a princess dress-up tea party.  So, Jillian got dressed up, got to get her hair and nails done, then had the princesses serve her 'tea'.  It was super cute and Jillian is such a little doll!  Love her smoochy face!  I had my doubts she would sit to get her hair done, but he did a great job. She also joined in with the boys and played Sharks and Minnows.  She is definitely more than just a princess.  She is cute as a button, but tough as nails!!



Cinderella with cookies!

Nails done too!

Who says a Princess can't fight!

Sharks and Minnows
Henry playing with the boys

1 comment:

Nepsi said...

Funny we ended up with extra screws when I took apart my machine too and I couldn't figure out how since we were so careful. :)Every time I think mine is broken I swear I am going to go get a really nice machine and then somehow I manage to fix it. Probably the only time I use my engineering degree.