Saturday, August 30, 2014

Wynn for the 'Birth-eversaries'

Andrew and I did a short get-away this week to celebrate our Birthdays and our 12th anniversary.  We went to Vegas and stayed at the Wynn. The Wynn was a beautiful hotel.  The had a beautiful arboretum, and they even had a carousel made of fresh flowers.  We saw Le Reve (I wanted to see the Synchro in the show) and it was amazing.  I think I liked it better than 'O' if that is possible.  It had a little more story line...but not as much acrobatics. We rested and did nothing and it was glorious.  We did a little gambling at the nickle slots.  We think that may be the cheapest way to do 'Happy Hour' in Vegas. Then we decided to try Mizumi for our 'Fancy Dinner'.  It was AMAZING.  We got one of the best seats in the house, outside by the waterfall.  We did the Chef's tasting menu and the wine/sake pairing.  The Sake was ok (neither of us are huge Sake fans), but the wine was excellent.  And the food...definitely not stuff I would have ordered off the menu but it was incredible.  One of the best meals I have every had.   I tried Sea Urchin for the first time...not my favorite but it was served with cold Sobe noodles and it was SO delicious. It was a quick trip (48 hrs), but it was a great trip.
Carousel made of fresh flowers...Amazing

Getting ready for Le Reve

Outside the Wynn

Dinner at Mizumi!  Best seat in the house.
View from Mizumi once sun set

No comments: