Saturday, March 26, 2016

Good Friday Fun

Ready for Eggs
This year Spondeo's egg hunt fell on Good Friday.  I think because Easter came so early this year.  Henry didn't have school so he was able to go and they even let him participate!  He was SO excited.  He grabbed a dozen of the Jumbo eggs in about 30 seconds.  Then he proceeded to sit down and open one.  To his astonishment,  "There was nothing in here!"  Feeling as if he had been cheated, he opened egg #2...still nothing.  That is when he got upset...thinking someone had cheated him out of goodies and I told him that they don't stuff the eggs and you get a goody bag when you leave.  He gave me a quizzical look...how could that be? He had participated in 3 of these events and I have only been to 5 and that is how they do things. He decided that I had to be wrong.  While I helped Jillian find her perfect eggs, he sat and opened all 12 eggs...hoping that one was full of candy.  Much to his disappointment, none were full.  Jillian on the other hand, took her time and walked around the playground twice and looking for the most sparkly, unique, and "Perfect" eggs.  So funny that my kids have such different personalities.
Pool Fun
After the egg hunt, my kids requested that we go to the swimming pool so they could play for the afternoon.  It was a nuthouse.  There were so many people there (because all of the school district was out).  But I managed to keep the kids semi-together and neither one drowned.  Although Jillian was struggling to get out of the current of the slide, so after 3 times down, I had to tell her no more.  All an all, we made it through.  And we are enjoying not having dance on Friday nights.  We have not started Gymnastics yet, because I was waiting until after we got back from Spring Break.  But we are having some 'attitude' issue with Jillian, so I her if she could change the behavior we could go.  Still waiting...
Henry got to Participate this year


Excited to find the Perfect ones


No comments: