Monday, August 1, 2016

Pittsburgh wedding

View from Rehearsal Dinner
 This weekend we went back to the Northeast to celebrate my cousin's wedding.   When we landed we headed straight to the rehearsal dinner.  We had to drive in rush hour traffic and the park was up a very steep hill.  I am so glad I live in an area where I don't have to drive down hills when there is snow and ice...just saying...The view was amazing.  Pittsburgh looks like it is a beautiful city.  Not sure if it was just the time of year, but the construction was ridiculous.  Between the baseball game, road races, construction and just not being familiar with the city the driving was very adventurous!  Andrew was driving very cautiously and I was a huge backseat driver. Example "You will have a u turn type right turn in a quarter of a mile...You need to turn, Turn...TURN!!!"  And every missed turn added about 20 minutes to our drive.  So it was lots of fun.  The wedding itself was beautiful. It rained a little but nothing major. It was held at the Pittsburgh aviary, so very unique and it was so neat to be able to see all the birds.  We missed the baby sloth though...he was only out during the day. The kids also loved the cookie table, which is a tradition from the groom's side.  35 dozen cookies or something like that.  They were delicious and a nice treat on the plane ride home.  Henry made some friends with the ringbearer...who I guess are their cousin-in-laws now (probably once removed...)  And Jillian did a great job as flower girl. I am so glad that my kids now can travel for weekend trips and be fine for school on Monday!
Getting her hair done

Cheers...she knows how to do it right!

Ready for duty

Sassy girl

Silly Boy

Loved the penguins

Always the little helper

Meeting the penguin!

Didn't want to dance on the dance floor but was dancing the night away

Dancing fun with Grandma!
Penguins!

Did a great job!

No comments: