Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Birthaversary - Las Vegas

Chicken and Waffles
This year we celebrated our Birthaversary late again. We were really bummed out because the Cirque de Soliel show we wanted to see went dark the week we were there.   It was a bummer and there was no other shows we wanted to see...so...we had to find other things to do.  The first day we tried the CSI Experience.  It was okay.  It was probably really neat back in the day when it started, but it needs a pretty major overhaul.  Plus it was not as interactive as I thought I was going to be.  We had to just click buttons on the computer and it told you the answer...But then again, I am a huge science nerd so maybe what I think is easy most don't.   Then we sat at a bar all night to watch Andrew's Patriots play.  The bar was okay. They had a decent happy hour but the seats were hard.  The other thing is that Andrew ended up winning over $100 in penny slots!  Yahoo.  Unfortunately we lost about 80...but we got free drinks and a few hours of entertainment.  
Apparently not trustworthy enough to lift the hammer
The second day we took the Monorail all the way down to the north side of the strip. There was a great breakfast place that I wanted to try.  The food was yummy.  Andrew got Hash (the name was Hash House a go-go) and I got the chicken and Waffles.  The waffles were amazing.  The put the bacon right into the batter....what a GREAT Idea! Then we went for the new Avengers Mission.  It was pretty good.  The earphone jacks were faulty, but the over experience was pretty neat.  You learn about each character and there are different things that you have to do for each.  Then at the end you have to fight Ultron...which is a huge screen (like 10 feet tall) video game.  For dinner that night we went to the Excalibur and we saw the Kings Tournament show.  I have seen these type of shows before, but the Andrew had not.  It was something to do...The show was not bad.  The food was not good...but it was an experience.  The following day we went to Top Golf, which was Andrew's choice.  I am a terrible golfer...but I humored him.  We got donut holes where you could inject jelly or chocolate...those were good.  Then we went to Gordon Ramsay's Burgr.  The onion rings were very yummy.  The burgers were good too.  I think next time we go back we will also try their french fries.  There were some with Truffle oil and Parmesan that looked very good.  And we had to wait a few minutes for Burgr to open so we played penny slots and I won over $200 Go me!  I think we pretty much broke even with the gambling. Then we went and saw Suicide squad.  It was a fun movie.  Then we went out for our spendy meal.  We went to L'atelier de Joel Robuchon. We did one of their tasting menus.  It was delicious.  I think I had the best thing I have ever eaten there.  It was Israeli couscous (Ptitim) that had asparagus and bacon mixed in.  Plus it was topped with a poached egg and a Echire butter cheese sauce.  SO GOOD.  Plus we got to sample his 'world famous' potatoes.  I was skeptical at first but they are seriously world famous for a reason.  The lady next to me had what I call a 'foodgasm' when she was eating them.  The next day we went to a pizza place for an early lunch.  It was hidden in the MGM by the parking garage.  Good, cheap (even by non Vegas Standards)  pizzas.  It was a great way to end the trip.  I guess we spent most of the time gambling or eating this trip.  Not a bad way to spend your Birthday/Anniversary.


Strip view
Avengers MISSION

No comments: