Saturday, September 3, 2016

All the Furry Friends...

Poor Thing...I didn't know what to do with him
 We had a little excitement today.  The kids asked if we could go swimming in the pool since they only had a half day.  I decided it would be good since the weather is still warm.  So, we hopped into the pool and everything was going fine until I realized there was a little furry something swimming next to me.  Poor thing.  I have no idea how long he had been in the pool.  I figure he must have been floating on a piece of the palm tree that floating until we disrupted him.  He was frantically trying to figure a way out.  So I grabbed the net and saved him.  Then...I didn't know what to do with him.  We are currently trying to get rid of all the gophers on the property.  We hired a company that Andrew lovingly calls 'Gopher Grandma' and she has been setting traps and catching gophers...5 thus far...but she said there were probably about a dozen.  So, releasing him was out of the question.  So..after pacing for a few minutes trying to decide what to do with him, I finally figure out I would put him in a bucket and Andrew could relocate him when he got home. Lucky him.   
Came into the AC and checked it out.
I also had our garage cat come in and explore the house.  Usually she is perfectly content outside, but I had the door propped open to bring groceries in and she came in with me.  I have been trying for a while to get her to come in, but she was feral until we started feeding her and I don't think she want to be contained.  I worked with her before to get her to use the dog door (this was when we had Chaos still, and no dogs) to try to get her to be another indoor/outdoor cat.  This was the to no avail as she wanted nothing to do with inside...until today.  I don't thing she will come back in again.  But, who knows.  She is such a sweet cat and we would love to have her...but she would have to put up with the dogs, and I think she likes to look at them through the fence.

Found a big bucket

All dry!

Snoopy Q


No comments: