So, this week has gone by in a flash. We have slowly been trying to get Henry to sleep at night, and it is slowly working. He slept for about 4 hours last night (no in a row) but it was still wonderful that I could sleep for about 2 hours at a time. I tell you, being awake between 2-4AM is the hardest part!
Henry has started to discover his hands and his feet. He has started to reach for stuff (he has not grabbed anything yet but he puts his arm out) and he has started to kick things. (See the video).
He is still gaining weight like a sumo wrestler. He is 10 pounds 4 ounces today. So, news on the tooth front. The magical tooth is starting to recede under the gum. Basically, when infants are born, their gums are very soft and wiggly. So his tooth erupted through this gum, but as his gums have hardened up the tooth is going back in the gum. So...I am not sure if the tooth will stay or if the gum will eventually totally cover it. Only time will tell. Right now Henry is going through one of his growth spurts, so he is wanting to eat every hour and a half to two hours. Hopefully in a couple of days he will go back to sleeping for 3 hours in a row!
Dexter, Dee Dee, and Chaos have been having 'face time' all week. Dexter can now go for about 1 minute now before he starts barking at Chaos. I think another week or two and he will be not frantically barking. Funny thing is I think Dexter is barking because he wants Chaos to play with him. Dee Dee, in true Dee Dee Style, hides behind things after Chaos hisses at her. She is such a scaredy dog.
Pretty much the rest is status quo. Mom is taking classes, Andrew is working hard, and I am still adjusting to being a new mom. I am hoping I will get a first true smile sometime in the next week...that will be so exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment