Well, the title pretty much says it all. This week has been a long one. Henry has been very fussy and we finally figured out why. He is getting two more teeth…so that make 3 total. He ended up re-teething (I bet you can’t believe that that is a word…but I am going to make it one) the first tooth. This is because it kind of went back down under the gum when it started to firm up. And now he is getting two more. So…he is too young to take Tylenol or have any kind of teething biscuit (or any food to chew on). So the pediatrician said freeze a rag and let him chew on that, or let him chew on your fingers, and if all else fails you can use a teeny-tiny bit of Baby Orajel. Now for those of you who have never used Orajel…it is AWFUL…I mean really truly awful! I tasted it before I gave it to him and boy of boy was I glad I could wash it down with something…poor kid…he gets Orajel and has to suffer until the taste goes away! It does seem to work though. After he is done making the "this stuff is yucky" face, he does seem to have some relief.
Another issue we have been dealing with is his…immature digestive system. Basically, that is a nice way for me to say he is REALLY gassy. So, I thought it may be something that I was eating. So I went off of dairy (almost) completely for 3 days. Longest three days of my life. For those of you who don’t know, I LOVE Cheese. I personally think cheese is one of the reasons why I get up in the morning. So three days without the stuff was tough! Good news for me was that it didn’t make a big improvement. Bad news for Henry was that he was still gassy! We had a stroke of luck this week. While Andrew was out at the store buying the Infant Tylenol (that we could not use) he found this stuff called Mylicon. And it reduces gas…it is a GODSEND! It is almost like he is a different baby. He eats an entire meal (like 100 ml) instead of a bunch of mini-meals (50-60 ml) and he burps a few times and is okay to lie down. Amazing. He was able to sleep for 4 hours straight last night because he ate a full meal instead of the 2 hours he was sleeping from a mini-meal. I don’t want to jinx it, but I can live with 4 hours of sleep at a time! Especially because he has been fussy so much this week. It was wonderful…a little confusing (because I woke up 2 hours later than expected), but wonderful!
So, his weight today was 10 pounds 10 ounces. So he only gained 6 ounces this week. That is still a good weight gain. I am not sure if it was because he was eating less because of his teething, or because he has finally decided that he has gained enough to be average and can slow down.
We got Henry a Halloween costume. It is super cute, and no I am not going to tell you what it is…you will have to wait for the pictures. We are just going to have to figure out where to take him in it. He is too little for Trick-or-Treat, but my breastfeeding support group is going to have a Halloween parade in the maternity ward of the hospital on Oct. 31st.
Tomorrow I am going to venture out to the pool with Henry. We were going to do it today, but my breastfeeding support group ran long and Henry was fussy and just wanted to take a nap when we got home. So, I will have Andrew home tomorrow too, so he can take some pictures. I am excited. Haven’t been swimming in 2 months.
I had my 6 week post-partum checkup this week. I got the green light to start exercising again. I went to dance on Monday and we SO tired. That’s what I get for not exercising for 7 weeks! But I was not as sore as I thought I was going to be. We will have to see how it goes next week. Andrew has been itching to go play tennis now that the weather is not so hot…it is down to 65-70 in the early morning and only 90 in the late evening…I know…it is a sad state that we live in when you say “only 90 degrees” in a sentence. Maybe this weekend we will go play over at the school. We can see how truly out of shape we both are.
Work for Andrew has been getting a little better. He said the major problem they were having has been resolved so now it is just back to the regular stuff.
Grandma Sue had classes over the weekend. She has this weekend off, but will be back to it next week. She is also keeping busy by going to her Reiki share group every other week.
Dee Dee is now buddies with Chaos. Chaos will come out of hiding to say “hi” to Dee Dee, but Dexter still has not figured out that if he wants Chaos to play with him, he needs to stop barking. They are doing better each day, but it is a slow process. I think I need to call a dog whisperer to come and help him to not be such a maniac.
Chaos's new thing is that he likes to sleep in the crib. So, I am having to try to keep him out, because even though we are not using it yet, I don't want him to get into the habit of sleeping there. So I tried to put cat deterrant tape on it, didn't stop him. He just found the way around the tape to sleep. So, we move everying thing in the nursery far away from the crib and he tries to climb up, but can't quite make it. I am hoping he gives up before he gets bigger and can make it up.
In other exciting news, I got a call from my brother this week and he is bringing his girlfriend, Aimee, here for Thanksgiving! I know I heard the gasps through the computer. They have been dating for almost a year and when we asked if we were going to get to meet her, he said he was not sure if she would come. So, she already has the Mansson family approval because she like Dim Sum (Chinese Brunch, which is one of our favorite meals)! She is also a good cook, so I am told...can't wait to meet her!
That is all for now! If anyone has any suggestions for books to read let me know. I am tied up to my pump 5 times a day and would love to have some new reading material.
No comments:
Post a Comment