Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Today is my first official mother's day. And for my first mother's day Henry surprised my by saying..."Dada" for the first time today. He has already said Mama, but it figures that today is the debut for Dada! We also had our first "family" meal. We had Mac and Cheese. Which was a big hit with Henry. He seemed to really like feeding himself the noodles and didn't get as messy as we thought he would. We also got our webcam all set up so now we can video chat with Grandma. Which I thought was a good Mother's day gift to her. Henry is pretty confused, but he should get used to it.

This afternoon after Henry's nap, we are going to go over to the park across the street. We may walk over to the craft store too, they are having a sale on the cloth pinwheels that I think Henry would really like. We also have already walked to Barnes and Noble and Target to do some shopping. We love being able to walk everywhere.

Henry has started sleeping and we are back to the "normal" schedule where he wakes up once to eat. Which is good, Andrew and I are finally getting some sleep. He has also really on the move now. He does a mix between hands and knee crawling and army crawling and is all over the apartment. I have to be sure not to walk away from him because even if I go to the kitchen to get a glass of water he is NEVER in the living room when I get back. He is over by the front door or in the guest bathroom. He is also pulling himself up on everything he can. He does not have very good balance at all, but he is wanting to stand all the time. Also, I went out shopping for him this week. He needed new pants. We didn't spend a lot of money on pants this winter, because we live in AZ and it is already 100 degrees there. Unfortunately, in OR it is about 40-45 degrees in the morning, so he still needs pants when we go running. I bought all 18-24 months in hope that they will still fit him this coming winter, but we will see how fast he continues to grow. The good news is that I don't think he has really put on any weight since he started getting mobile. I also bought him a pair of shoes. They are like moccasins, but he has not been able to get them off so far and seems to be able to walk in them. They have doggies on them and they are 12-18 months, so he has big feet too! He is loving his "toy cabinet". I put all his toys in the entertainment center. We open the doors in the AM and put they toys away at night. Every morning he loves to crawl over to the cabinet and take out all his toys and books.

I am sure there is more to post, but I am going to call it quits for today. I hope all the mothers out there had a good mother's day.

















No comments: