Thursday, July 23, 2009

All the new things.

Well, we finally broke down and bought an AC unit. I know...I told myself I was not going to spend the money but after getting back from AZ and apparently bringing the heat with me I had to do it. The weather forcast on Monday was going to be over 90 all week with 100+ on the weekend! Can you believe it?!? Of course, as with Murphy's law, we bought an AC (for half price from one of my friend's mom) and sure enough...it is only 80 today. They are saying it is going to warm up over the weekend again (in the 90s) with the 100's early next week...but I have my doubts. I kept telling Andrew if we got one we would not use it. So...today it has been off most of the day, but Tuesday (with it was over 90) it did get a lot of use and kept the apartment comfortable.

Also, on Tuesday morning we went into downtown Hillsboro and applied for a US Passport Card for Henry. We will be doing a family vacation in October going on a cruise to the Caribbean. Apparently, a birth certificate is all you need because they check you in and off the ship on US soil, but we figured with a passport it will be so much easier. Plus the new passport cards are like a drivers license. So, Henry will now have a picture ID. It is only good for land/sea boarders going to Mexico, Canada, Caribbean and Bermuda (I have no idea why Bermuda...). We figure it will be a while before he goes to Europe or does any international air travel.

Tuesday night, Andrew had a late meeting, so I was in charge of giving Henry a bath. Andrew usually does this while I clean up the kitchen. Apparently, I did not screw the lid of the Desitin on properly, because by the time I got the bath drained and the washcloths hanging Henry had helped himself to a whole bunch of the stuff. I should have known he was being too quiet. He was a little peeved at me that he had to take another bath...and that I had to scrub him so hard because the Desitin is made to be waterproof...but all in all it was a pretty funny experience. Unfortunately, I think he likes the taste of the stuff...mmmm...zinc and fish oil!

Henry and I also went to the park on Monday before it got hot. He actually went into the fountain (by himself) a couple of times. There is one particular spray that he likes. Unfortunately, he can's get up if he falls down, unless he has something (or someone) to pull up on. I have been working with him on that, but I can't seem to get my point across. Someone told me not to worry about it because most adults don't have that skill either.

We now have two red birds who come to our bird feeder. It is really nice, and they don't seem to be scared of Henry when he goes to the window. The robin
we have, is terrified of Henry. He picks up his cheerios and goes as quick as possible.

It feels like it has been a pretty eventful week, but that is probably because I am all worn out from the trip over the weekend. This weekend (hopefully) we be very restful with maybe a hike or going into Portland to the fun park again. It will all depend on how hot it is. Keep cool wherever you are and I will post more later!

No comments: