
We are quickly approaching our permanent move back to AZ. We are excited and can't wait to be done with apartment living. We are stating to do things to get ready to move like making a list of what we want to take back with us, what we want to try to sell, what we want to donate, and what food we need to eat. I was a little surprised when I did inventory on our pantry to find 9 cans of tomato paste. I bought a case a Costco when we first moved and I guess we didn't eat nearly as much as I thought we would. Good to know for future.

I am trying to do my best with keeping our schedules full so the time passes quickly. Henry started swim classes last week. I think he did a great job. Andrew went swimming with Henry on Saturday too. He said that Henry was having fun "jumping" off the side to him. Plus we have been going to the most organized, High-Tech, professional story time (Think microphones, electric bubble wands, PC system, and programs which contain all the words to the songs we sing, two librarians, and one retired kindergarten teacher volunteer) which is lots of fun. I think we may try to switch times because the one we go to is SO busy and they say the other "show" is very small. We are also working on the steps with Henry. Andrew wants Henry to go down both flights of stairs (that's 36 steps) by the time we leave. I have only gotten him to go down half thus far, but he still has 3 weeks. So swimming 4x a week, plus story time, plus trying to meet with my mom groups leaves us for little time to slack off. I really think that is why the last few weeks have gone by so fast. I have finally networked enough to where we can go out an do things.

Yesterday, we went to the zoo with one of my mom groups. The weather was PERFECT (about 75 degrees and sunny...I know this is the weird OR weather we are having) But the best part, is we got in for free as a guest of a member. Because the weather was so nice the zoo was packed, but we saw some of the animals. The cheetah was walking about and Henry was able to spend some quality time with the goats (which are his favorite). He was standing by the fence pointing saying "baa, baa" which is his way to say sheep. He finally knows the difference between cats and dogs (learned this week), and I am not sure sheep and goats are different enough (or we will see enough in the coming months)

for him to learn very soon. Especially the Pygora goats, because they have the big fluffy coats. He also showed of his signs and words at the fish, frogs, turtles, and ducks. I also made it a point to feed the birds this trip as it is something I always wanted to do. Since there was so many people it took a while for one to come down, but eventually we got a couple to eat from our nectar cup.
Well, this was going to be longer, but both times I have sat down to type it up, Henry has woken up from his nap early...so this is all you get for this time. This week on the agenda: Swimming, Storytime, and the OR Aquarium this weekend!










No comments:
Post a Comment