Monday, November 9, 2009

Another day at Sea with a Character Breakfast Oct 29th

Thursday was a wonderful rest day for us all as we set sail for Disney's private island, Castaway Cay. They had a treat for us in the morning, a Character Breakfast. We were just a little bit scared that Henry would not like them and would start crying, but he had seen them around the ship enough to where he was very happy to see them up close for a change. He was also showing off his signs doing "mouse" when Minnie came over. The lady escorting Minnie thought it was SO cute. He got to meet: Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale. Plus we got to have a nice plated breakfast instead of one through the buffet. Which we ate at a lot...I never understood why you would not go down and get served, but it is SO much easier when you have a kid! The only bad thing is that the pictures didn't turn out too good because of the glare from the window behind Henry. Oh well...there will be better pictures next time...and maybe even an autograph book.

We had a pretty low key day. Just some more exploring the ship, nap time, splash pad time. And for dinner we had the semi-formal night. Henry wore the button down shirt Grandma got him from St. Martin. Mom and I went to see the big Broadway-style show that was a spin off of Cinderella. Basically, the evil step mom gets a wish from an evil fairy godfather. And the story unfolds of how love conquers all. It was a pretty good show, but I could not understand why people actually would pay for snacks at the theater. Seriously...you are on a cruise people! Why on earth do you need to BUY Cheetos or Mickey shaped gummies? Do they not feed you enough? But I digress...The girl sitting beside me made the show for me. I have not read or watched the original Cinderella in many years so I am not sure how it goes, but at the end of the original story (in this play version) the shoe bearer drops the glass slipper before Cinderella can try it on. She produces the other glass slipper, tries it on, and they live happily ever after. Well, when the shoe bearer drops the shoe the girl next to me says (in a very ghetto accent) "Ah...Clumsy Fool!" and I cannot be 100% sure since it took all my restraint not to laugh at her comment but I think she snapped!She had a few other comments like that...so I had a very enjoyable time! Plus, there was one scene where they are changing from a "Black and White" Party to a "Colorful" Party. The background dancers dance off the stage wearing black and white outfits and come back on wearing colorful outfits. And one white lady went off the stage (in black and white dress) to return as a black lady (in a colorful dress.) Other than the show, we had an early night so we would be rested for Disney's Island!




No comments: