Sunday, March 21, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt!

Well, today I hosted my first Easter Egg Hunt for Henry's friends. All of the kids who joined in were 9 months to 2.5 years old. It was a lot of fun...except for one minor oversight. Chocolate will melt in plastic eggs left laying in our yard. One would think that I would have thought of that, but I figured it was only going to be about 70 when the hunt took place so we would be good. Oh no, no, no...melted chocolate smashed and smeared EVERYWHERE! But the kids still had a lot of fun. We also had a 'potluck' lunch afterward. The spread was amazing. Someone even brought a ham (yes, a spiral cut ham with a delicious cherry glaze!) because it was Easter. But, I guess I am getting ahead of myself...lets go back to last weekend.

So, last weekend we went to the zoo (again!) and we met one of Andrew's old high school friends. It turns out he is living in Prescott (which is about a 2 hour drive into the mountains from here) and he has a daughter who is 3 days older than Henry. What are the chances? So, we spent all morning walking around the zoo and chit chating with friends. Great morning.

We did our normal weekly routine (swimming and classes), but we went swimming twice this week on Monday and Wednesday. The school was running a special for spring break. Tuesday we went to the petting zoo (again!) with a group of friends. Henry had the most fun playing of the tricycle with flat wheels. I guess all the kids did. There were three but they all wanted to play on the ones the others had. The grass is always greener I guess. We did spend some time feeding the animals and I think we have finally done it enough to where he gets what he is supposed to be doing. He would finally hold the scoop while the animals ate instead of just dumping it when the food was put in. Thursday was the same movement class, where I yet again got yelled at by the teacher. This time it was not because I was helping him (I let him run around by himself), but because I was speaking to him like an adult. Instead of using 'simple and broken' English, I was speaking to Henry with sentences. There is no pleasing this guy. Friday we started a new class called Wee Play (Kindermusik was canceled because of spring break). This is the best class and well worth the money! I was hesitant to sign up because it was the same company that did Tiny Tot Time, but this instructor was awesome. She had out lots for the kids to do and let them play, did a few songs, more free play, parachute time, then more play. I was going to drop the class if it was no good, but now it looks like Friday morning are going to be double busy for a while!

I also spent the last couple of weeks re-decorating Henry's playroom. It is now more like a classroom (it has lots of 'educational' posters from the dollar store hanging) but it gave the room some wall decorations. I also ordered a couple of scientific posters for him. He is getting a periodic table and scientific method poster. But don't worry, we are not trying to make him a complete nerd. I also got a chart of music terms ;-) Plus, we added a lego table purchased for a steal off of craigslist! It came with 300 large legos, plus has a flat side that can be a train table. Love the deals on craigslist! Plus, I think in the long run, Henry will appreciate all the education we provide at home, and the fact that we use complete sentences when we talk to him.









No comments: