Friday, March 5, 2010

Pictures from the week


Well, we had an exciting week. Henry and I are both 100% healthy (thank goodness we are over the nasty cold!) and we had classes and fun playgroups all week.

Monday we went to a new gym and did a free trial class. Henry turned into crazy baby but had SO much fun. We will be adding that class to our weekly schedule! Bonus is this gym is about 3 miles from our house (instead of about 10 which was the original one we went to.) Tuesday we had our Babies in Motion Class. Henry had a great time as usual. We have one more in this session then one week off before the next session starts. This week she got out the play dough. Henry, of course, only wanted to eat it...but it didn't help that one of the little girls was making "cookies" for everyone. Wednesday we had swimming lessons. Then we went next door to a place called Jump and Shout and met some friends for Toddler Bounce Time. We were the ONLY people in the place the entire 1.5 hours. It was SO nice. Plus there is a little girl in this play group who really likes to play with Henry. Thursday, we started a new class called Movement. This class was interesting. The instructor didn't want you to touch your kid during the class. He also didn't want you to help them in any way. I guess I understood the theory behind what he was doing...but it was weird to have someone tell me that I could not help Henry on the balance beam when Henry turned to me and said "mommy help". I guess his theory is that they learn faster if they do it themselves vs. having someone help them to do it. I guess this is true, but I also know some kids need a parent as a 'safety'. I also think sometime having a parent lead their kid through an obstacle course will help them get a feel for it before they are just told (over and over and over again) what they 'should' be doing. This is a four week class so we will wait decide if we like it or not. Henry however had the most fun in this class sitting in one of our friends infant carriers. This particular friend has a kid one month older than Henry and a two week old. Today we had Kindermusik. I could do without the actual 'Kindermusik' songs, but the instructor is GREAT! Henry had a good time playing with the scarfs and the balls today. Tomorrow Andrew and I are heading to the Renaissance Festival. Henry and Grandma are staying home. We thought about taking Henry, but it does not start until 10. See as how we could stay (with Henry) until 1 we figure the admission price was not worth it. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that it does not rain again.





No comments: