Thursday was Henry's birthday. He is now officially two. Boy, did he let me know. We went to swimming and he was laying on the chair in the waiting area (being very dramatic) saying "Juice...Juice" like he was dying of thirst. Then we has pretty uncooperative during class, but we made it through. I spent the afternoon baking cakes for his party. A regular cake for everyone and a special non-corn/non-dairy cupcakes for Henry. Andrew also decided to list our Jeep on Craigslist.org to see if we could sell it ourselves. We figured it would take a while to sell, and we are getting closer to when we need a bigger car! He received calls from multiple people and he showed it to some Thursday night. They wanted to buy it, but they need to move some money into their checking account and would let us know in the morning if they were going to buy. They just requested that we have it detailed (like we put in the ad)...we pre-bought a detail at a local car wash back in November and with all of the issues we had with the Jeep, I never got around to taking it in. Since we prepaid for the detail we were going to take it in on Sunday and have it done...but we now had to take it in first thing in the morning since we were getting so much interest in the Jeep.
Friday morning, Henry had his 2 year doctor appointment. He is doing great. The doctor said that he may outgrow the milk and corn intolerance, but some people are just sensitive to those things and they just learn to avoid them. He is now 35 inches tall and weighs 28 pounds. He is getting to be such a big boy. Overall, the doctor was very happy to see Henry as a happy, healthy, 'easy going' 2-year-old. Before his doctors appointment, Andrew got a call about the Jeep from a different person than Thursday and said that he would buy the Jeep, sight unseen, for cash right then. Andrew told the guy we were in a 'psudo' contract with the people we showed it to Thursday, and the guy said he would give us more money than we asked for. Andrew was at a total loss...he didn't know what to do. So, I asked him what was more important Money or Karma. He choose karma and told guy #2 that if the money fell through, we would call him right away. So, in less than 24 hours of being posted on Craigslist, the Jeep was sold and gone. And we were down to one car. Andrew spent the afternoon getting the yard ready for Henry's Party and I frosted my cupcakes and cake. I had a nice recipe for a coconut frosting, but I found out at the last minute that powdered sugar has cornstarch in it. SO...I had to make a different recipe using coconut and agave syrup. The frosting tasted pretty good, but it was a pain to frost with and it did not look real pretty. I also went out to Happy hour with some friends for one of their birthdays. We went and saw Step Up in 3D. Not a great movie, but pretty good dancing.
Saturday, we had a crazy morning. Henry party was starting at 9:00AM so we were up early getting all the last minute decorations and food prep done. Andrew took Dexter to get groomed because we figured having animals in our backyard, he would go crazy. On the way back there were two dogs running in the street, so he stopped and helped catch them...and the one he was able to catch did not have a collar. SO...we ended up having two dogs here during he party after all. It was a small shit-tsu mix and a very sweet dog. We put up flyers after the party and found the owners a few hours later, but still...we seem to be a dog haven. Henry had a great party. We had a mobile petting zoo come to our house and set up. He brought a llama, cow, goats, chicken, rooster, duck, and pig. There were about 20 animals in all. Henry had a great time and so did all the other kids. We had one craft to do and a 'pin the chicken on the cow' game. The kids just stuck the chicken on the poster and I will save it for Henry's scrapbook. Plus, everyone liked the cake. Henry was so spoiled by his friends. He got truck, books, games, a DVD of Elmo's World, play-doh, and so much more! He has definitely been busy these past couple of days mastering all his new gifts. After his party, we went to the Honda dealership and purchased a new car. We got a fully loaded Honda Pilot. It is much bigger than the Jeep, but a very VERY nice car. I can now have 8 passengers in my car! Funny that on Andrew's birthday, Henry has a barnyard party and I get a new car ;-)
Sunday, was a day of rest for me. Andrew went on a bike ride with Henry and organized our storage closet and built a new shelf in there. So in a way it was a 'rest' day for him too.
Monday was another crazy day. I had to take Dexter to the vet for his ultrasound. He is having issues with elevated liver enzyme counts and it turned out to be his gall bladder not his liver. And Dee Dee needed to go in and get her stitches out. I don't think I posted that right after we got back from vacation, I took the dogs in to get their teeth cleaned. Dee Dee had hers cleaned and had a mass removed from her shoulder (thus the stitches) and Dexter had high liver enzyme count, so the doctor didn't want to put him under in case he could not clear the anesthesia from his blood (we did additional tests that came back high and thus needed an ultrasound and possibly a liver biopsy). We went to gym class (what fun) and then went shopping with Grandma. We needed to get food for me to cook while Grandma is away visiting her sister. Then we came home, unpacked and I headed out for a massage and to get my nails done. I picked Dexter up on my way home and I think he was glad to not be at the vet any more. Our poor dogs...they are getting old...and expensive! Right now Dexter is on medication to break up the gall stones he has plus liver enhancer drugs that cost us $150 for 30 days. Hopefully we won't have to continue on the drugs after 30 days, but only time will tell!
This morning, I had my 'anatomy' ultrasound for baby #2. I am almost 19 weeks along and everything looked normal. I do have to go in again in 1 month because the baby would not get in an ideal position for the doctor to see all 4 chambers of the heart in one shot. But the pictures of the heart they did get everything looks normal...so it is just a safety precaution. #2 is about 9 oz and has a good strong heart beat. Then we were off to drop Grandma off to the airport and to Toddlertime (he is too old now for Babies in Motion). And...here we are...finally having some time to update the blog...sorry I didn't put pictures in the text, but Henry will probably be waking up from his nap soon and I need to get dinner ready...I miss grandma already!
No comments:
Post a Comment