There was no question that before I had Henry, I was pretty content with my cushy lifestyle. Then Henry came and turned my world upside down. No more sleeping in, no more 'personal space', no more free time...but I like to think that during the last two years I have adjusted pretty well.
Last night, I was on my way to tap dance class, and Henry wanted me to pick him up. I usually don't pick him up anymore, because he is getting to be such a big boy. But he insisted. So, I picked him up and he said "Give mommy a hug". So I gave him a big hug and he said "I love you mommy." Ahhh...I love being a mom.
Little did I know that I would get home from tap dancing, Henry would get sick and over the next 12 hours I would get thrown up on (with a trail down the hall leading to the bathroom) and pooped on. I spent a pretty sleepless night in the recliner in Henry's room making sure that he did not get sick in his room. He did seem to start feeling better at about 3AM and finally fell asleep and I was able to go to bed. Definitely not how I wanted to spend my night.
He greeted me this morning by running to the table yelling "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy." Then giving me a hug and saying "I love you mommy."...Sometime being a mom is not so bad, even after a hard night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
see, and you were worried! One day we will have to revisit Washington Park and push Henry on those swings! <3
Post a Comment