Monday, September 27, 2010

Monster Dance, Jeepers, and Wedding/Baby Shower/2nd B-day weekend

I am not sure how it is at the end of the month already. I am trying to keep up with everything and it look like I finally am able to take a week or two of just the usual stuff.

I will start by telling you about my dance team. We preformed at the Intel Benefit Show Sept 16th. The ticket proceeds go towards a charity, and this year it was for the ICAN in Chandler. So after being costume mom (and working on 4 costumes), plus making the gravestones, plus practicing 5-6 hours for the last couple of weeks...it is over. This is the finished product. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckKGtR1wsks&feature=related. We did so good that we have had a bunch of people who want us to dance for them in the coming months. Which is hard for me because #1 I am not sure if my costume will fit in a couple more months and #2 and I not sure I will be able to dance until 36 weeks like I did with Henry. So, we will see...

Henry has had two swim lessons without me. The first went wonderfully. He knew the instructor. He participated, he was happy, and he had a good time. The second class did not go nearly as well. There was a new girl in the class who cried almost the entire time (she is younger than Henry and was not really wanting to go swim without mom). Plus it was a new instructor that just started working there. I can only imagine how hard it is for her to do a class with a 23, 25, and 30 month old in the water. Hopefully this week, Henry (and his new friend Chloe) will do better.

We have also had two of our four Kindermusic classes for this session. Henry really loves his Kindermusic class. He thinks it is lots of fun, even though the theme is Carnival, and most of the food we sing about he can't have. Plus, one of our old friends is in the class. We didn't know until we showed up, so it was a nice surprise. The class is at the the Southeast library. Which is where we used to drive to get library material when we first moved. It takes 15-20 minutes to drive there, so I don't think we will sign up for any other classes. But they have some really nice fountains out front that Henry like to play with. If you turn the nozzles the big fountain sprays different patterns. So, that is good for a few minutes of entertainment.

Last week we went to an indoor play area called Jeepers! They are actually in the middle of changing their name and they will be called Jambo! I got a special where if you told them their new name they gave you $1 admission, so we went and Henry had the best time every. There are 5 little rides there, plus a gigantic climber and an arcade. Henry had another big boy moment by going on most of the rides by himself. He is growing up so fast and I can't believe how brave his is. Being 25 months and going on rides all by himself. Please note, that I did go on the rides with him first and he kept wanting to go again and again. Most of the rides are made for small people and definitely not for full size pregnant adults, so I told him that he would have to go all by himself because I was too big to go. He took to the rides without hesitation. I think I was more nervous than he was! But we spent 2 full hours playing and he crashed on the way home. We will have do this again and it makes me excited for whenever we take him to a real amusement park.

Last weekend, I ran the gambit of events. First, a baby shower for one of my friends. Then a wedding reception, which required a babysitter. We had one of my mom's friends come. She did a good job and said Henry was easy, but after she left, when I went back into our bedroom, I had a little surprise. Henry had moved from his bed to our bed. So Andrew had to move him back to his bed. Then on Sunday, we all went to one of Henry's friends 2nd birthday. Plus, Henry had his Sportsball class with Andrew on Saturday, so I am pretty tired from this weekend's events.

And I am excited to report that there is a new Montessori Preschool opening just a few miles from our house. They won't accept students until they are 2.5, which is fine with me. But they also have a mom and me class to help you under 2.5 child get used to the school. So, I think what we have decided is to take him the the preschool 2x a week across the street from mid-October until Feb or March. Then we will switch him to 3x a week at the Montessori school. We may wait to switch until Henry is 3, but we will see how he likes the first preschool.

And a quick note on Potty Training. Henry can now go to the potty all by himself, keeping dry in between, but does not always choose to do it. So, at this point, I say he is potty trained, when he wants to be. I figure one day he will choose to only wear big boy underwear and he will not have any accidents. Not quite sure what I can do other than just wait and be patient.





No comments: