Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Impromtu Babymoon and Big Boy Henry

I can't believe it has been two weeks since my last post. I really don't know where the time went. The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy for me because we have our big yearly show for my dance team this weekend. So most of my free time has been altering costumes and making props. Plus we have increased our practice time from 1.5 hours a week to 4-5. Needless to say, I will be very glad after Saturday night when my schedule becomes a little more normal.

So lets see what is going on here in (still very hot) Arizona. Over Labor Day we gave another no diaper day a try. I have decided that Henry is potty trained, only when he wants to be. He has the ability to tell us he needs to use the potty and stay dry, but then he would get 'lazy' and cry for a diaper and say "all done potty, diaper please". So...I guess I just have to wait until he decides he is ready.

On Sunday over the holiday, Andrew took a hike up Mount Humprey with his friend Kyle. It took them 6 hours to hike and they went up to the highest point in Arizona. Andrew said it was very beautiful up there, but it was very windy. Overall, he had a great time and they stopped for pizza and beer on the way home.

The next week contained my 31st birthday. We didn't do anything special on my actual birthday, but Andrew did go above and beyond with my cake. He attempted to contact the restaurant that made my cake last year because it was the best cake I had ever had. He got the name of a baker, but it was not the same person. The cake was pretty good, but not the same as last year. She also did a nice job decorating it.

We also decided to go on our babymoon vacation last weekend. It was very impromptu, but we talked about it and the only weekends we had available was last weekend or the first weekend in November. It is kind of mind boggling that we have something to do every weekend until November. Since I am still early second trimester we were able to do a better vacation now then in November. Since in November I would have to stay within 4 hours of the hospital. So...we went on a 3 day cruise over the weekend to Baja Mexico. We didn't actually get off the ship, but I made Andrew take one picture of us when we were in port. We spent it resting and relaxing on the boat. I was able to do a puzzle and read, plus knit some of baby #2's blanket. And Andrew was able to play some video games and read. We also were able to watch a couple of movies. So overall an enjoyable time. The only thing that was bad was the fact that it was definitely a 'party' cruise. There were multiple bachelor/batchelorette parties on the boat and it was pretty crazy on the boat.

Other than that, Henry is really starting to show that he is a big boy. We had to get two shots for him yesterday and he didn't cry at all. He got a little teary, but held it together. Plus, we started our new Kindermusic class. The teacher is very good, but I think it will conflict with his Preschool next month, so we may only stay in it for one month. He has also mastered all the skills in his swim class, so he 'graduated' to the Level 3 class. This means that at today's swim class he will go in the pool with other kids and an instructor and I will be sitting in the waiting area. I have my 'issues' with this, but I am not sure if it is because he is growing up and it will be the first class without me, or because he will be in the pool with 1 adult who has to watch 3 kids. We will see how he does...wish us luck.





No comments: