
This week has gone by fast. Luckily, we don't have too much to do tomorrow. We will be able to 'enjoy' the hot weather we are still having by spending time at the pool. The only thing we have to do tomorrow is we are scheduled to tour the new Montessori Preschool and Monday night we are going to tour the new preschool across the street.
This week at swimming it was worse than last week. I think it is a combination of things: Chloe was there again screaming for her mom,

the instructor made Henry sit my Chloe even though he kept trying to move away from her, then the instructor moved the toy box in front of Henry so he could not see me. Then Henry lost it. It was bad. Henry does not usually get upset and cry and I think it took me a couple of minutes to move into his eyesight again...and by then he was crying so hard he could not catch his breath. Then he tried to settle down, but because he does not get upset I don't think he really know how (if that makes sense). So...it was a really long morning for both of us. I called and switched classes to see that if we take Chloe out of the equation that he will actually start participating at swimming again, and if not, I will send him back to the previous level and get in the water with him.
Kindermusic this week was fun. The kids took turns dressing up like a clown for the circus. Henry didn't really know what to make of the wig and hat, and was afraid to move, but eventually he did his little "twist" move. He also took some really cute pictures...but I think I may be biased.

Today was a much more pleasant day. Henry and I went to the Superstition Farms Dairy Farm and got to go pet and feed some animals and take a Hay Ride. Henry was SO excited for the hay ride that he gave half the feed to the animals then said "That's Enough" and went and stood by the tractor. It took a long time to explain to him that we had 15 minutes to wait and it was a too hot to wait in the sun, but eventually we went back over to the shade. The Hayride was fun (once we were able to get on). We even got to see the cow giving birth to a calf. It was surreal, and I think it was preparing me for what I have to look forward to in a couple of months.
Henry never ceases to amaze me, but two days ago he sat in his tipped over chair said "Good bye mama, I am going to blastoff to the moon." Then proceeded to countdown from 10 to 1. Now...I am not sure if most 25 months can count down, but since I have never worked on counting down I was floored. I thought it may have been a fluke, but got the camera out the next morning and he did it again. Amazing kid he is!

No comments:
Post a Comment