Friday, January 7, 2011

First week of the year done!

We have made it to Friday. WOOHOO. This was the first week that Andrew was back to work since Jillian was born and I tell you...This is going to be challenging. Henry has definitely hit his "Terrible Twos", and yesterday was a struggle even though he was at preschool for the morning. Yeash...I am sure that it does not help that I am running on 5-6 hrs of broken sleep and he is a very busy 2-year old. Jillian is still my little angel. It is still surreal, but I am getting used to it. She had her two week appointment on Tuesday, no issues. Weighed 8lbs 9 oz. And today at my support group she was 9 pounds even. So she is growing like gangbusters and I am pretty sure she is going to be a chubba-chubba like her brother.

Not too much to report on last week. Henry went back to gym class and preschool this week. Gym class we went to the mom and tot class since we had not been in a month and it was the first class back after having the baby. He did okay, but still ran around like a crazy kid. Hopefully next week we will be able to do the big kid class again with no issues. Preschool was great this week. He really seems to like going there. That makes me hesitate switching school, but I asked him today if he remembered the Montessori preschool and he said he wanted to "Go to Miss Judy's preschool instead." So, hopefully this means that next month's transition will go without a hitch. We also had swimming, which was drama...again. I swear, he cries more at swimming than any other kid. He is not really crying because he is upset, he is crying because he can. The only time he was not crying this week was when he went under the water to get the duck at the bottom of the pool. He stopped crying just long enough to do that, then started again. For the record, this is the first time he has done this where he voluntarily stuck his whole head under the water. So, he is making progress despite all the tears, but really...I have the kid who cries the entire swim class...SUPER! Plus, Andrew and Henry took down the Christmas tree. Henry helped by cutting it down. He first tried with the saw and then with his hedge trimmer. It was super cute. I have also introduced the drive thru concept to him with his learning tower. Mostly, it is coffee shop or 'green giant' veggie cans we get, but he can play that for hours.

You probably also notice that most of Henry's pictures lately have been pant-less. This is because we are still trying to get him to consistently pee on the potty. I tell you, this kid is just as stubborn as me. He knows what to do, but when he gets busy he just won't go. Very frustrating, but I guess nobody said potty training was going to be easy. I am hoping that my new motivational technique is going to continue to work and he will continue to be successful. This is how the conversation went Me: "Henry, you need to go use the potty." Henry: "No, Mommy.", M: "I will play Legos with you if you try", H: "No mommy", M: "It has been a long time, I don't want you to have an accident. I will give you a piece of licorice or a sticker if you go." H: "No, Mommy." M: "How about, if you go now we can get out the vacuum and you can help me vacuum the living room." H: "YEAH!!!". So, we have had lots of successful potty trips and a very clean living room/kitchen floor. I am even running into the problem that when I try to put the vacuum away he runs into the bathroom (like 5 minutes after the original potty) and somehow squeezes a few drops out and says "I am not empty Mommy, more vacuum." I guess it is a win/win for me in this case.




No comments: