I definitely feel that there were some successful changes. First, we were able to introduce a bottle this week, so I was able to go out without either kid. Andrew told my mom he wanted to try to have both of the kids by himself to see if he could do it. He managed feeding Jillian the bottle while giving Henry a bath, but he now realizes why I keep telling him that it is going to be a LONG time before we go out as a couple on date night. I, however, enjoyed working out with my girlfriends then having dinner and drinks :-)
Second success is Jillian likes the swing, but hates the bouncer. This was the opposite as Henry. I guess it is good we will get the use out of both items. Funny though how different the kids are.
Thirds success, Henry loves to shower with daddy and then 'shave'. Nice to have a hubby who shaves a couple times a week again plus it saves time in the morning because Andrew is not needing a shower.
Fourth success, we got Henry enrolled at the Montessori Preschool. I just have to order his uniform and we are all set. We are very excited about the change and hopefully Henry will be to. You are probably wondering why this was a success as it should have been easy. Well, this preschool application was more involved than most college applications. They even required a form to be filled out by our peditrition stating that Henry was okay to go to preschool. It took me a good part of two days to fill out and most of my working brain cells. So, it was a huge success on my part.
And, my personal biggest success, I went out this morning with both kids and we had a great time. We first went to Target, then to Marley Farms for a play date, then to my breastfeeding support group. Target was easy. Henry and Jillian both in the cart to grab a quick couple of things. Marley Farms was easy too. Granted they were not busy so Henry was able to run around without having to stay too close to me. But still Jillian was in the wrap and Henry was able to feed and pet the animals and play on the playground. And believe it our not my support group was also easy. Henry did spectacular. He sat next to me eating his snacks, helped me throw away dirty diapers and was very VERY well behaved. I didn't know he had it in him! Plus, he helped me zero the scale when I weighed Jillian (only a little under 1/2 pound increase today. 10 lbs 5oz).
Failures: Tuesday night was a bad night for everyone. Jillian was fussy, Henry was out of bed 3 times, Andrew was getting paged and Dexter was throwing up. Basically no body in our house slept that night. It was so bad that at 4 AM, I was feeding Jillian, Andrew was putting Henry back to sleep and I said to him "Will this night just end already!". Also, the lack of sleep ramifications showed its ugly head on Wednesday multiple times. First, the 1/2 hour it took to get Henry in his swimsuit with screaming, sweat, and tears (from both of us) and when I lost it and yelled at Henry. Not that I have never yelled at him before but I told him his behavior (of trying to eat with his toes) was appalling. Yes, I told him appalling...not that he knows what that means but he got the gist.
Next up for failures: Finding Jillian a pacifier. Henry was easy with this, he took the first pacifier we gave him and never looked back. Jillian tried 6 types before we gave up and figured the first one we gave her was the least awful for her. She will suck it for a couple of seconds, but that is all. Hopefully as she gets older she will be more willing to take a pacifier, but who knows.
Finally, and most sadly, the failure of Dexter's liver. He has been having gall bladder and liver problems for about 8 months now...but we had to take him to the vet on Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday because of the throwing up and Thursday to do have a procedure so they can do a skin biopsy. He has been losing the hair on his face and with throwing up and lack of appetite we decided we needed to take him in. The vet wanted to do the biopsy because what she thinks it is (an extension of his liver disease) has a very grim prognosis and she is hoping that it is an allergy of some sort. If it is the liver disease we can opt to treat with IV treatment, or just let him go. It is sad, so anybody who wants to send good thoughts his way would be appreciated.
There have been other things too like all the little quibs from Henry. Like "Mommy my poop is HUMONGOUS" Me: "Really, Henry do you know what humongous means?" Henry" "Yes, tall and long like a dinosaur." Or Grandma playing doctor "Okay Henry, the Doctor is in the office." Henry: "No Grandma, you need to wear the nametag." Grandma: "Do you know where the name tag is?" Henry: "No, we have to solve that mystery." Or "Do you want to go back to the beach and see your auntie Bonnie and Barbara?" Henry: "Oh yes, that would be SUPER." Or, "Henry, who do you think is home?" Henry: "Why it is Daddy, of course." Or my personal favorite for the week. (Henry farts) Me: "Henry, that is stinky. You need to say "Excuse me." Henry: "It was not me (laughs.)" Me: "If it was not you, then who was it?" Henry: "Baby sister." Silly boy. I am sure there are more, but that is all I can think of right now. Enjoy the pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment