Saturday, January 15, 2011

Halfway through January already...

It is official, I have entered my 'blur decade'. This is what my mom calls the 80's when my brother and I were both young. Most news and pop culture and for that matter, pretty much everything that has to do with everything unless it is directly related to my children will probably be lost on me. This is because I am now a mom of two. I think it took three weeks for this fact to sink in. I think the blur occurs due to a lack of sleep and a need to be completely selfless as to give the kids the attention they want and need. This means that when the kids are grown they will ask for facts about what happened doing the 2010s and Andrew and I will not know what they are talking about.

I am getting a little bit of cabin fever because other than Henry's classes, and my support group, I have not done anything. This is due to the fact that I have not been able to go anywhere without at least one kid with me. I even went to dance on Monday with little miss Jillian. She was of course a perfect angel. She slept for the first hour and then I had to change her and feed her. Which was a welcome break because I have not worked out since the beginning of December. Then I was able to finish the class with the conditioning we do. But that was my big outing out.

I think there is some sibling rivalry because Jillian has thus far outdone her brother on every level. She came 16 days before my due date, Henry was 10. She now weighs 9 lbs 14 oz (3.5 weeks) which took Henry a whopping 5 weeks to reach. She also is a great sleeper. Last night she slept for 4 hours straight which, I was thrilled with, and it was probably about 3 months before Henry did this. She is also stronger than Henry (if that is possible.) She can lift her head and turn it and put it back down. Andrew said that is because she is breastfed and actually has to get to the food instead of the bottle being brought to her. She is also outdoing him on the number of diapers she uses along with the amazing distance she can poo (she is definitely the champion now of the 'long poo' event in the baby Olympics.

This week was not quite as bad as last week, but Henry still has me running through my paces. I think it is because he is not quite sure how to address the jealousy he is feeling because he cannot have my undivided attention anymore. Last night, he melted my heart because he wanted me to lay down with him because he said he misses me. It makes me want to try harder to be a better mom, but in actuality, I know that that is an impossible feat. I know I am not perfect and there is plenty of room for improvement, but I am doing the best that I can at any given moment...so that is all I can do. We have also had some excitement across the street. They are building houses and we have had lots of time to sit and watch the different construction equipment. Plus, I made a Chocolate Cherry Cake with Soy milk so Henry could have some. He is loving to help with whatever we are doing, so for being such a great helper, he got to lick the beater and loved it.

Sorry for the short post, but that's all the time I have right now.


No comments: