Thursday, June 16, 2011

Snip Snip.

Well, yet another week of the standard.  Preschool, Swimming, Laundry, and a birthday party.

Couple of fun things from the week. Jillian on Solids last week.  She loves her food.  I was trying to wait until 6 months, but she had quite an interested including reaching for our food/water, and making lip smacking sounds while we ate. She has been sleeping a little better (she slept one night from 8PM until 2 AM and then next from 7PM until 3AM) but she is back to her usual midnight and 4am feeding. But, she is getting better, as in easier to get to go back to sleep with the two feedings. She is also starting to sit pretty good.  She gets tired and falls forward and sometime takes a quick tumble to the side (or back) but overall she is doing pretty well. She is still not rolling from front to back, and she is not rolling too much from back to front because of it.  Pretty smart that she figured out if she doesn't roll she can't get stuck. I am not stressing about it because she is rolling one way and that is more advanced than Henry.  Plus she is 17 lbs 11 oz (this past Friday).  I think she would have been 18lbs, but she actually lost weight the week she had the stomach bug.  

I have been hard at work on Henry's birthday party.  I know it is not until August, but Grandma is going to be gone the first two weeks in July and we are going to be gone the last two weeks.  So I will only have a couple of days in July to work on his party.  So, I am trying to have all the decor ordered and they decorations done by the July 1st.  Seeing as how I only have 2 weeks left in the month, I have my work cut out for me. Want to know the theme?  It is Red Sox, of course.  Believe it or not it was not prompted by Andrew. So, those of you in New England, be proud of a AZ born Red Sox fan.  So, I decided to make it a Baseball Splash Bash! I was thinking about getting some sprinklers and do a 'base run' and I found a batting tee that spins and shoots water.  Should be fun.  I got the invitations ordered and now I am going to start working on the Green Monster/Citgo sign for the 'paparazzi photos'. I have yet another chance to 'play nice' with my sewing machine....OH JOY!

I feel like I have been having a hard time with the blog lately, because I feel the kids nap schedules are off.  Jillian goes down at noon, Henry goes down at 12:45ish, I pump then Jillian gets up around 2. I usually can post during morning nap on Tuesday, but I went out and got my haircut this morning.  I took 10 inches off and am going to donate it again.  Fun, Fun. Cute summer bob haircut, good for when you have an almost 6 month old who loves to grab and pull everything. I would say that I am going to try to blog more, but in all honesty...this is what I can do for now.  I am sure in another month or two it will be better.  Just bare with me for a little bit longer.



No comments: