

Well, we made it though Henry's big birthday celebration 24 kids were here plus parents. Whew...big party. We did a 'Red Sox/Baseball' Theme as per request. I worked very hard on making the Green Monster wall. We are using it for the thank you cards. I also worked very hard on making the Baseball cover for the spraying beach ball. I tell you...I thought it was going to be an easy project, but turns out it is a calculus related rate problem to get the curves to line up. I didn't do any math...I just did trial and error and it worked out okay. We had baseball music, baseball sticker page crafts, baseball goodie bags, and a baseball welcome sign. For food, I made soft pretzels, Chocolate cupcakes with marshmallow frosting (think Whoopie pies), plus peanuts, crackerjacks, and hot dogs. For activites, we had a water theme (due to it being August in Arizona). So I got him a 'Base run' it was a hose that sprayed you while you ran the bases. A baseball tee that squirted you when you tried to hit the balls, the baseball squirt (giant beach ball converted to baseball that was a sprinkler), and two pools with slides. The big one was the 'Stealing second base or sliding home' where the kids could slide down face first into the pool. The other was just a smaller 'hippo' slide. I guess I should have tried to make him Wally, the green monster, but that was too much work ;-) Henry got SO much stuff. Andrew and I were running around on Thursday night trying to get him presents and came up short. We got him Cars underwear, because I made him a deal that if he didn't have any accidents (since the one in the trailer) I would buy him Lighning McQueen underwear. We went to 2 Disney stores (one didn't have any and the other had 2-3T) and ended up buying them at Walmart. Luckily, I remembered they sold toddler underwear in the baby section, because in the big kid section there were none. Plus, we got him a hula hoop and I gave him a puzzle I got off craigslist months ago. Grandma gave him a Lightning McQueen car that goes all by itself if you shake it and the Mack truck transport to store it in. He loves it. But Henry asked if every present was a remote controlled Lighning McQueen, and I said no and I told him maybe for Christmas. (So, he will be asking everyday for one...and I don't think he is going to get one this year. Andrew and I both agree he has to be mature enough to not chase the animals or Jillian). Anyway, his party was lots of fun. The house was a mess (think wet kids in then out, cupcakes on the floor, etc...) a neat freak's nightmare. But, that is what happens when you hold a 3 year old's party.









No comments:
Post a Comment